CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   A Racing Family Since 1988 (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Indexes Updated (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=71660)

George Wright 12-04-2018 03:40 PM

Indexes Updated

Looks like NMCA updated the Stock / Super Stock indexes for 2019. https://www.nmcadigital.com/dl/rules/prelim/s3.pdf

Terry Witzel 12-05-2018 07:39 AM

Re: Indexes Updated

Looks like they got rid of Pure Stock

ALMACK 12-05-2018 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry Witzel (Post 578042)
Looks like they got rid of Pure Stock

That's the first thing I noticed.
No Pure Stock. I wonder if it might have been a "political" issue.
The same as other tracks not allowing PS in their combo races.

Stock indexes appear to be NHRA and Super Stock is IHRA indexes from my observations.

Steve Stasko 12-05-2018 10:13 AM

I wouldn't say it was political as much as a lack of participation. Going through the Qualifying sheets, I saw two cars entered as Pure Stock all year. One of those cars appears to be nothing more than a temporary ride for one of the drivers probably to keep their points count up, of which I cannot fault. Why support Pure Stock, if they're not supporting you?

There is always the inherent tech issues as well...but I still say lack of participation.

John Dinkel 12-05-2018 12:04 PM

Probably makes sense seeing IHRA only has bracket racing.

ALMACK 12-05-2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Stasko (Post 578046)
I wouldn't say it was political as much as a lack of participation. Going through the Qualifying sheets, I saw two cars entered as Pure Stock all year. One of those cars appears to be nothing more than a temporary ride for one of the drivers probably to keep their points count up, of which I cannot fault. Why support Pure Stock, if they're not supporting you?

There is always the inherent tech issues as well...but I still say lack of participation.

I first thought that was the reason as well.

However, after looking over all the other IHRA only indexes listed, I wonder how many of those vehicles showed up ? ( i.e. how many S/GTF Stockers showed up or SS/PEA-2 Super Stockers showed up, or a G/CM Stockers.... etc., etc ?

Those entire groups were not eliminated.

I hope the Pure Stock indexes being omitted was just an oversight on NMCA's part...

gsa612 12-05-2018 05:29 PM

I notice the index's for the stick stock classes are three tenths slower.But the auto's are current NHRA index's.Typo?. gsa612

Steve Stasko 12-05-2018 05:32 PM

Good point...maybe it is an oversight?

One CM, but the driver attended every race. No S/GT cars, or Production cars. Production cars do crossover to NHRA SS/Modified though, and I did notice some drivers who formerly ran IHRA SS/Production that were entered under their respective NHRA classes.

That being said, I was also surprised at the lack of SS/GT cars at the NMCA races. Most of the NMCA competitors are running either FS or "traditional" Stock/SS class cars. Kind of refreshing not to see a bunch of FWD conversions.

Jeff Blanchard 12-06-2018 10:17 PM

I talked to the guys from NMCA at PRI and they admitted there was a mistake. The way it was explained to me was that NMCA has been using IHRA indexes, which are 0.3 slower than NHRA, to be fair to the IHRA cars. As the gsa612 post mentioned, the listed indexes for the stick classes were 0.3 slower than NHRA, which is correct, but after that it switched to the NHRA indexes. You should expect a correction soon. Plan on using 0.3 slower than NHRA index for all classes.

ALMACK 12-07-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Blanchard (Post 578146)
I talked to the guys from NMCA at PRI and they admitted there was a mistake. The way it was explained to me was that NMCA has been using IHRA indexes, which are 0.3 slower than NHRA, to be fair to the IHRA cars. As the gsa612 post mentioned, the listed indexes for the stick classes were 0.3 slower than NHRA, which is correct, but after that it switched to the NHRA indexes. You should expect a correction soon. Plan on using 0.3 slower than NHRA index for all classes.

Jeff, did they happen to mention any reason why the Pure Stock class was not listed ?