CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   OLD Modified Corvettes (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=49882)

vette1 10-14-2013 10:58 AM

OLD Modified Corvettes

Looking for old modified or super stock corvettes????Tim Freeman ,Bobby Cunningham , Doyle Evans ,Jimmy Hickman ,Dennis Ramey , Ben Tremmell ,Kenny Melton ,Bob Camp ,Bill Pucket ,Fred White The list could go on and on . If you have any info it would be very helpful Thank you

Michael Kilduff 10-14-2013 04:32 PM

Re: OLD Modified Corvettes

Quote:

Originally Posted by vette1 (Post 404297)
Looking for old modified or super stock corvettes????Tim Freeman ,Bobby Cunningham , Doyle Evans ,Jimmy Hickman ,Dennis Ramey , Ben Tremmell ,Kenny Melton ,Bob Camp ,Bill Pucket ,Fred White The list could go on and on . If you have any info it would be very helpful Thank you

Dane Pearson had his 1966 SS/DM at Charlotte a few weeks ago, first time I have seen him out with it in 10 years or more...looks just like it did back then. 280 cid with a Liberty. I think I heard Wayne Allison may be bringing his back out too. I'm friends with Doyle, just talked with him last tbursday as I showed him the last issue of ND which had a nice feature article on Dane and his Corvette. Doyle still has his SS/DM Vette, I think it is set up as a GT for now but he will be back in SS/DM with a 5 speed eventually. I'm sure he will be in this thread before too long, lol.

Stephen & Horace Johnson 10-14-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Kilduff (Post 404346)
Dane Pearson had his 1966 SS/DM at Charlotte a few weeks ago, first time I have seen him out with it in 10 years or more...looks just like it did back then. 280 cid with a Liberty. I think I heard Wayne Allison may be bringing his back out too. I'm friends with Doyle, just talked with him last tbursday as I showed him the last issue of ND which had a nice feature article on Dane and his Corvette. Doyle still has his SS/DM Vette, I think it is set up as a GT for now but he will be back in SS/DM with a 5 speed eventually. I'm sure he will be in this thread before too long, lol.

Pearson was at the at commerce back in may...dad and i talked to him for a long time..he is a really nice guy

Mike Carr 10-14-2013 06:51 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...58445498_n.jpg

Old car, but new photo. Robert Brinkman's SS/CM, taken at our race at Hagerstown MD November 2011. On Facebook, Lee Montgomery wrote: "That's the corvette that Jerry Coley and i raced back in the late 70's and early 80's. looks like Bob has taking good care of it."

Wade Mahaffey 10-14-2013 07:45 PM

Are you looking for photos of the cars, or looking to buy a car, or doing something about the history of these cars? There are a few Facebook pages with reference to these cars. Try these out, but if you want photos I have a file with a bunch taken from different places on the web

Ihra-Nhra VETTES-Modifieds -Gassers ONLY !!!!

Stock/super STOCK Corvettes.

Wade Mahaffey

Doyle Evans 10-14-2013 08:19 PM

Hey vette1 and Mike,

Thanks for the PR.

Just FYI, if anyone is wanting to bring gas and modified back, count me in.
Not sure that was the question, but I'm sure there are many more like me.

If you're wanting any info or pictures let me know.

Remember the song by Justin Timberlake, "I'm bringing sexy back"
That would be modified eliminator.

Thanks again.

FrankChastain 10-15-2013 07:22 AM

You guys don’t forget Bob Callahan’s Vette.....Frank

Ebern Watson 10-15-2013 08:55 PM

I throw my hat in the ring for bring back "gas and modifieds" ...the best competition our North Carolina tracks have ever had that had rules ( handicapped/cubic inch/weight)that everyone could meet, afford and be competitive
Ebern Watson The Super Rooster
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doyle Evans (Post 404384)
Hey vette1 and Mike,

Thanks for the PR.

Just FYI, if anyone is wanting to bring gas and modified back, count me in.
Not sure that was the question, but I'm sure there are many more like me.

If you're wanting any info or pictures let me know.

Remember the song by Justin Timberlake, "I'm bringing sexy back"
That would be modified eliminator.

Thanks again.

Tom Goldman 10-15-2013 11:07 PM

Bring back Modified/ Gas ,but dry hops MUST be mandatory !

FrankChastain 10-16-2013 06:36 AM

X2...Those were the days along with SS....Frank

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Goldman (Post 404570)
Bring back Modified/ Gas ,but dry hops MUST be mandatory !