CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Factory Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   2016 Factory Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=60462)

Jeff Teuton 12-08-2015 01:42 PM

2016 Factory Stock

Anybody heard anything at all. I know a couple racers moving around, maybe changing camps and there are new cars coming out every day. Been awful quiet. The only real race with any excitement is Indy. The others finish at 9 am before the first spectator gets there. Just wondering. Maybe something at PRI.

Ken Miele 12-08-2015 05:00 PM

Re: 2016 Factory Stock

Hey Jeff, check out Class Racer magazine's rumor mill, two new combo's for next season.

http://classracer.com/magazine/

Jeff Teuton 12-09-2015 03:04 PM

You are on the number Ken. I knew this was happening. I have some stuff happening, but I'm keeping it close. Fact: At this point I do not have a new car ordered or delivered. Fact: NHRA has said nothing nor have they inquired of the players in the class, but they will do whatever Chevrolet says so they can win. Fact: One new engine combo from Mopar was hit 30 because Chevrolet didn't like the motor. It could have run in the under 400 CID bracket in the Shoot Outs and been competitive in regular FS classes. Fact: Mopar has sold more blown than unblown new DP's which was expected. Fact: Other than Indy, the Shoot Outs are done by 9:00 AM on Thursday before any spectators even get to the track. And their are rumors (gotta love the rumors--ask Donald Trump) are all over the place. I am hoping NHRA announces something at PRI about these classes. It's really hard to stay interested when politics are overtaking performance as the case is now. On Mopar, their focus is Jeggie and Erica above all right now anyway. These new cars are a multi-million dollar gift from the Factories and the racers who participate. It has not been nurtured to become anything else nor does there seem to be interest in doing anything with it.

Again hopefully at PRI something will happen.

Dwight Southerland 12-09-2015 05:24 PM

If NHRA does not capitalize on the potential spectator appeal and support for this category of racing, they will be missing a BIG opportunity! I'm surprised a match race circuit has not developed. Lots of local tracks could use a match race to generate some out-of-the-ordinary spectator traffic. With the advertising that ChryCoFiat has done with the Hellcat and Ford has done with the Coyote, similar drag race cars should get some peoples' attention.

My $.02 (we know what that's worth!).

Clay Arnett 12-17-2015 01:57 PM

I asked NHRA at the booth in PRI and they were pretty tight lipped. Only thing I got out of them was that maybe they were adding one more race next year.

David Barton 12-19-2015 09:58 PM

Not sure if you guys heard. NMCA has a new class called "Factory Super Cars". Basically the same as NHRA except they actually have a schedule and a points series. Actually the rules are tailored more towards the blower cars. They don't want to have two separate classes or indexes. The minimum weights for the NA cars aren't realistic. Looks like more people are getting blown anyway.

Here's the rules:

http://www.nmcadigital.com/cat/rules...fsc-prelim.pdf

Jeff Teuton 12-19-2015 11:00 PM

That was my take on NMCA also. I have raced with them in the past. Good people. I hope they get some play. I was really disappointed when NHRA turned down Nick on his offer to sponsor a natural aspirated class. Don't seem to want the free gift from us racers and factories.

Tony Curcio 12-20-2015 01:51 AM

Page 10 of the NMCA rules has this requirement:

CREW MEMBERS
Each crew member must have the proper starting line credentials and must were (wear?) matching attire.

So, team uniforms are mandatory?

David Barton 12-20-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Curcio (Post 490854)
Page 10 of the NMCA rules has this requirement:

CREW MEMBERS
Each crew member must have the proper starting line credentials and must were (wear?) matching attire.

So, team uniforms are mandatory?

Good question, I was wondering the same thing. I figured it's no big deal. I'll bring an extra box of t-shirts and hand them out as needed. If you think about it, it's easier for them to police who is on the starting line. Plus it looks more professional.

Dick Butler 12-21-2015 11:25 AM

No 1 is support for factories who are supporting NHRA. Get a place for them to sell more motors. If Crate replacements became popular and covered many classes instead of the many varied combinations, class consolidation could be easier. Tech barn would be easier for the Tech people too. replacement parts become off the shelf stuff instead of out of the junk yard stuff.
Maybe give the sealed motor 525DR motor a hp so it can be used. That could cut costs to the bone also.