CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Top Sportsman and Top Dragster (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Lebanon Valley Flooded (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=19358)

krugracing12 07-29-2009 11:12 PM

Lebanon Valley Flooded

Lebanon Valley is having the worst flooding it has had in many years. If you have equipment on the grounds I would go there ASAP. The staff and racers were moving trailers as best they could in waist deep water to higher ground,however the water was a foot deep at the clubhouse when I left. Rt 20 is closed at Nassau from the east from a washout.

1855sc 07-30-2009 06:37 AM

Re: Lebanon Valley Flooded

Bill,

Any word on the Track? How is the water around there today?

Debbie Moses

ScottHall 07-30-2009 06:59 AM

If everyone can wait a few hours, Wayne and I will have a decision made. I am hearing some unimaginable things about what its like there.........

But as with any information, we are waiting to get confirmation, and make a relaible call on what we will do. We want to give a heads up as soon as we can to save people time and money, but we also want to support the track and managment that has supported us!

Scott Hall
203-689-4010 at work today

pentastarrail 07-30-2009 07:11 AM

Thanks for the heads up.

ScottHall 07-30-2009 07:26 AM

I just got off the phone with Wayne Hofmann, who just spoke with Howard Commander.

Here's The Real Facts:

-The barriers are "floating" in the middle of the track
-Part of the shut down is missing from the water taking it away
-The gas company had to come and removed all the propone tanks before some bad happened
-The concession stands are under water
-If you know where Wayne Hofmann parks his RV.........the water was up to his WINDSHEILD WIPERS....he's on his way now to check it out
-Howard has an excavation crew on call to start repairs when the two feet of water is off the track

At this time, the weekend is cancelled, and nothing can be determined until everything is looked at, so any future make up is not evena priority at this time.

Keep Lebanon Valley in your thoughts this weekend.....Howard spent a bunch of money to improve things, and now this.

Scott Hall

ItsyBitsySpider 07-30-2009 07:49 AM

Holy cats! This is terrible news.
I was just there for the divisional race and was impressed with how nice the track, personnel and grounds were.
Lebanon Valley is in my thoughts and prayers too.
Please keep us informed.

Dave Steltz 07-30-2009 08:50 AM

I can attest personally to what it was like there last night...we got a call from Sue Bell to come get our trailers...I got there about 10 pm...

First off coming east on 20, Nassau looking really bad, water was running thru the streets, its was kind of unreal...and several spots on 20 closer the water was running across the road and it was about 6-8 inches deep (maybe more I was afraid to look !)

When we got the to track and drove in, oooo man... We park our trailers by the concession stands in the fenced in lot, and the water was up to the top step on my RV (class A)...lots of trailers were there and dependant on where they were parked, water was up to the side doors and higher...We drove SLOWLY thru the lake and the exhaust pipes were under water and sounded like boats (funny now but not then)...We got hooked up and got outta there...It appeared that the water was rising but I wasnt sticking around to find out...

Many thanks to the crew up there...they had the big loader out pulling out trailers and RV's, and thank god they called us...

Across the street from the track, in the field where lots of RV's and Campers are parked, I saw some with water up to the windows...I really felt bad for those folks, there was no way they were getting moved last night....

ScottHall 07-30-2009 11:11 AM

"Its worse than you can imagine....thats why I came out here myself"

That is what Wayne Hofmann just said as he is standing on the main road looking in.

As he described it, a 55 gallon drum is about 42" tall. Well, the water THROUGHOUT the pits is just over the top of all the garbage cans.

He said the water is flowing around, but has no place to really go. The water is over the top of the jersey barriers on the race track.

Howard is out pulling trailers out with anyone who is willing to get there out at this point. Waynes own RV had water up to the windsheild wipers in the back lot!

There are a bunch of TV stations on the main road covering the mess at LVD, so you local people will see on TV first hand.

As I said before, keep LVD and the staff in your thoughts....this is the kind of stuff that takes alot of effort to recover from.

Scott Hall

ScottHall 07-30-2009 12:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Lebanon Valley Flood pics from this morning.

Dave Steltz 07-30-2009 12:28 PM

Saw this and thought I would share some more...This is pretty awful...

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/...egionCookie=12