CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Race Rigs/Equipment: Classifieds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Looking for a motorhome to buy (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=24741)

Jack Matyas 03-28-2010 06:56 PM

Looking for a motorhome to buy

Just recently sold my coach and am looking for a replacement - must be a diesel with slides and plenty of gingerbread and not one that you pulled your stacker with for the last four years and is beat to death -- a clean and spiffy unit is a must .If you have something interesting call me at 610 533-6393 or send me a PM .Also you may send pics and description to -- fatinjun@AOL.COM .

cicero819 03-28-2010 09:44 PM

Re: Looking for a motorhome to buy

Jack if you want the best you should consider a real Prevost bus conversion or a Blue Bird bus . You can get a older Provost, which is build to outlast any motorhome built in the world. They have the best engines, transmission and best of all if you should ever have an accident you won't be crush like all the plastic and staple make believe coach out there. I own an Older Bird check out Wanderlodge Vintage they're made of steel. traveling across Canada,USA and Mexico I've seen what happens when those plastic make believe crush their inhabitants, not a pretty site. The Prevost's are at their best price now since the recession has caused havoc with the industry. Good luck. Claude Ruel

Jack Matyas 03-28-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cicero819 (Post 178195)
Jack if you want the best you should consider a real Prevost bus conversion or a Blue Bird bus . You can get a older Provost, which is build to outlast any motorhome built in the world. They have the best engines, transmission and best of all if you should ever have an accident you won't be crush like all the plastic and staple make believe coach out there. I own an Older Bird check out Wanderlodge Vintage they're made of steel. traveling across Canada,USA and Mexico I've seen what happens when those plastic make believe crush their inhabitants, not a pretty site. The Prevost's are at their best price now since the recession has caused havoc with the industry. Good luck. Claude Ruel

This would be great as they make wonderful coaches and yes they are plenty safe -- but here's the thing -- I need something in the next week or two -- I just don't have the time for a conversion like you have suggested -- if I was a younger man with time on his hands I'd go for it ...............

cicero819 03-28-2010 10:42 PM

check ebay they had a couple and also bus man.ca it was just a suggestion Jack. Good luck I'm sure you'll find what you need. claude

jim powers 03-29-2010 09:28 AM

JACK , cut loose with that communion money and get a new coach LOL

Bobby Brannon 03-29-2010 09:55 AM

Jack, email me and I will give you Amy Faulk #'s and email. Her boss at Hybertech has a nice coach..

bobbybrannon@bbhac.com

Jack Matyas 03-29-2010 03:23 PM

Bobby -- Thanks for the info but Amy's is a 2004 -- only a year newer than I had -- very nice looking coach though .....................

Rich Biebel 03-31-2010 08:11 AM

One of my best friends was the northeast service rep for Prevost Car for many years.....I worked with him a number of times on various Prevost coaches. M-H's and regular transit units....They are the top of the line and what the top converters start with when the build a luxory MH.........

Jack Matyas 03-31-2010 08:51 AM

Rich -- Yes , Prevost coaches are the best but on my finest day I would think they are out my reach -- not sure why you guys think I should have one of these babies as I'm way past rockstar age ............and Jim to answer your question -- I spent my "First Communion" money long ago ........very long ago ! ! !

Rich Biebel 03-31-2010 09:06 AM

I hear ya Jack....they are usually megabucks.....I love the traditional style with stainless trim down the sides and front.....The newer taller models not as much....

I recall my friend telling me he was at the California facility when Force first ordered one. Once one guy had one, they all had to have one......I think he said Bernstein was the first to own one.

Every Nascar driver today has one it seems......

I call my Lance pickup truck camper....My doghouse.......thats what it's like but it works for me anytime I need it....and that hasn't been very often for a few years........