CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Factory Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   History Repeats itself (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=50654)

Jim D'Amore 11-29-2013 04:17 PM

History Repeats itself

It is pretty cool that the Big 3 American made car manufacturers are back into the Drag Racing scene. Just like they did in the late 60's and early 70's Ford, Chevy, and Dodge vehicles are represented at NHRA events around the country. Big thanks to Ford Motor Company and Jesse Kershaw, Chevrolet and Dr. Jamie Meyers, as well as Dodge/Chrysler and Dale Aldo. These 3 guys show up at most of the NHRA events and cheer on the brands they represent.

Now lets begin discussion about these new age factory drag cars! :D

Jim D'Amore

goinbroke2 11-29-2013 09:58 PM

Re: History Repeats itself

I think it's unfortunate that very few actually can appreciate or comprehend the significance of what is currently happening. There was Yenko and Tasca and others from "the good old days" but in 30 years people will be saying the same thing about now. I was too young in the 60's to enjoy the musclecar wars but I'm enjoying today!

A number of years ago people were all saying how great it would be for the factories to become involved again. Then Ford jumped in and everybody screamed about the unfair hp but I think missed the bigger point. Now all three are in and it's only getting better!

I too thank Ford, chebby and mopar for jumping back into it!

Billy Nees 12-01-2013 09:04 AM

They should put all of their body styles in the guide.

art leong 12-01-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 410822)

I agree and they should put the engines that are really available with them. Not just the "crate motors".

Alex Denysenko 12-01-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art leong (Post 410849)
I agree and they should put the engines that are really available with them. Not just the "crate motors".

Ford pretty much has :-)

Alan Roehrich 12-01-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Denysenko (Post 410866)
Ford pretty much has :-)

Really?

I'm not seeing it. There are a couple of entire years missing since 2008.

I was told by NHRA people that Ford refuses to provide specs for most models other than the Cobra Jet program beginning in 2008.

goinbroke2 12-02-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 410822)

X1000!! Whatever you can buy at the dealership should be available to race!
Those that have the $$$ to run a CJ won't be effected, they'll run a CJ, but those who can't afford a CJ program could run something else.
Love to see a twin turbo v6 f-150!

Maybe they're concerned of all the AWD and turbo/twin turbo combo's available now? Ecoboost 365hp awd Taurus outrunning a 69 camaro would make too many mad? LOL!

Put them all in the guide, I say!

Jim D'Amore 12-02-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goinbroke2 (Post 410902)
X1000!! Whatever you can buy at the dealership should be available to race!
Those that have the $$$ to run a CJ won't be effected, they'll run a CJ, but those who can't afford a CJ program could run something else.
Love to see a twin turbo v6 f-150!

Maybe they're concerned of all the AWD and turbo/twin turbo combo's available now? Ecoboost 365hp awd Taurus outrunning a 69 camaro would make too many mad? LOL!

Put them all in the guide, I say!

If Ford refuses to give NHRA information on the vehicle, what is to stop an individual from putting it in the NHRA guide if the specs can be provided by that individual?

Jim D'Amore

art leong 12-02-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim D'Amore (Post 410917)
If Ford refuses to give NHRA information on the vehicle, what is to stop an individual from putting it in the NHRA guide if the specs can be provided by that individual?

Jim D'Amore

It doesn't work that way.

STK1217 12-02-2013 08:45 PM

Didn't Ray Golonka get the 77-79 Cadillac's entered in to the guide and engine specs?