CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Results from Mid Atlantic .90 Association @ Atco (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=69758)

BKSG1198 05-02-2018 07:06 AM

Results from Mid Atlantic .90 Association @ Atco

Race # 1:

Super Comp:
Randy Winfelder Jr. over Kevin Scholl

Super Gas:
Ron Orbin over Frank Volpe

Super Street:
Dave Harvey Jr. over James Young....this was an all Footbrake Final in SUPER STREET!

Race # 2:

Super Comp:
Steve Everett Sr. vs. Kyle Koretsky (Due to Cold Temps the finals will be run in June)

Super Gas:
Nick Olt over Sean Lang

Super Street:
Keith Mayers over Kelli Barbato

X-TECH MAN 05-02-2018 01:01 PM

Re: Results from Mid Atlantic .90 Association @ Atco

Super Street:
Dave Harvey Jr. over James Young....this was an all Footbrake Final in SUPER STEET

Congratulation's to the guys who got the job done WITHOUT all that elec. crap !

Marc 05-02-2018 03:39 PM

That Super Street Final was fun to watch. Those two are definitely not your typical footbrakers.

Keith 944 05-03-2018 03:17 AM

That is one reason why we keep the .5 pro tree so that foot breakers have a better chance. Harvey had a .011 package in the semi’s. Yes it can be done! We want new blood to come out and race with us

X-TECH MAN 05-03-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith 944 (Post 562258)
That is one reason why we keep the .5 pro tree so that foot breakers have a better chance. Harvey had a .011 package in the semi’s. Yes it can be done! We want new blood to come out and race with us

Glad to hear that. I assumed you guys used the NHRA .500 tree (aka .470). Its a smart move on your part I believe. That is one thing IHRA was smart about but they were not smart about anything else....LOL.
I kind of wished I lived closer so I could attend some of your races but I'm now 16 hours from Budds Creek since I last talked with you in your motor home at MIR but the weather is much nicer here.

BKSG1198 05-03-2018 06:33 PM

The Mid Atlantic .90 Association kicked off its 2018 season at Atco Dragway on April 28 & 29th. On Saturday the 28th an action pack day of racing and blue skies greeted the racers for Race # 1 of the 10 race series. Once the two qualifiers were completed Chase Fahnestock (Super Comp), Derek Clark (Super Gas) & James Moshier (Super Street) all claimed the # 1 qualifier and on the top side of the ladder. As eliminations kicked off and racers were eliminated the Super Comp final featured Randy Winfelder Jr & Kevin Scholl. At the flash of the tree both drivers were green with Winfelder Jr. taking the victory 8.93 to a losing 8.94 by Scholl. In Super Gas, 1986 NHRA Super Gas World Champion Ron Orbin made his return to Super Gas with a victory at Race # 1 when New York runner Frank Volpe went .004 red in the final. This marked Orbin’s first race back to the 9.90 index after taking a few years off to run Super Street. In what might be the most exciting & interesting final of the weekend Dave Harvey Jr. took the win over Jimmy Young in a all footbrake final which, is unheard of in the electronic filled world of the 10.90 index. Harvey took the win after an almost even start with Young but, Jim went under the 10.90 index with a 10.892 to Harvey’s winning 10.905.

A drastic dip in temperature hit over-night as a cold front moved into the area and threw drivers for a loop with setting up their throttle-stops. Once qualifying completed Amanda Boicesco (Super Comp), Al Owens (Super Gas) & Martin Ganjoin (Super Street) all were the top qualifiers. In the Super Gas final local runner Nick Olt took his Team Advantage Corvette to the win over Sean Lang after Lang went -.002 red in his Caviler. In Super Street 3x Mid Atlantic Super Street Champion Keith Mayers took the win over Kelli Barbato and her 68 Camaro. Barbato took the advantage at the tree (.010 to .019) but, just took a little too much stripe and ran under with a 10.896 to Mayers winning 10.910. Due to the cold temps the Super Comp final was pushed to the June event and will be contested between Kyle Koretsky and Steve Everett Sr.

The next event for the series will be June 23rd & 24th back at Atco Dragway for Race # 3 & 4. For more information you can visit their website at www.midatlantic90.com, find us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter or contact president Rob Keister at 856-332-2851.