CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Live from the Atco Doubleheader-NHRA Lucas Oil Series (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=20775)

Jack Matyas 09-30-2009 03:28 PM

Live from the Atco Doubleheader-NHRA Lucas Oil Series

3 Attachment(s)
Doubleheader is the word of the weekend and the parking lot shows it - not that there are many trailers in the pits (see pic below ) but because a great many racers ( including myself ) saved spots for others - its a sea of crime scene tape and orange cones everywhere .This time around owner Joe Sway says he'll take 'em all down on Friday morning if their not filled ( reserved spots ) -- and I agree if a 'saved' spot isn't used give it to another .I must say -- when I pulled in around 2pm today it was full already and the race doesn't start 'till Friday -- and this is a Lucas race -- soon I'll have to retire so I can get a decent pit space .

On another note - Brrrrrr- its jacket weather this week -where did Summer go ? Temps even when the Sun comes out will only reach the low Sixties and dipping into the Forties at night - great sleeping weather ! ! As for the wet stuff --forty percent chance on Friday and sixty percent on Saturday with Sunday looking great at this moment .According to the Official NHRA Division One website this race ( both ) has no rain date and the it says we'll stay until completion.....come hell or high water ! ! Speaking of water I hit some on the way here ( see pic below ) but then the Sun came back out some .Later........

Bob Bender 09-30-2009 04:00 PM

Re: Live from the Atco Doubleheader-NHRA Lucas Oil Series

Hey Jack Ill see you tomorrow about 3pm. Keep the rain away PLEASE ??

Rich67stang 09-30-2009 04:24 PM

If you do not arrive together you should not be able to save 500' of parking. That is such a pain in the a## when you go to these Divisionals.

ss/em 161
Quickrod 161

Marty Rinehart Jr 09-30-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich67stang (Post 143614)
If you do not arrive together you should not be able to save 500' of parking. That is such a pain in the a## when you go to these Divisionals.

ss/em 161
Quickrod 161

I agree 100%

Rich Biebel 09-30-2009 08:24 PM

last year at this race I arrived thursday evening before 8 if I recall right. I was dragged down the return road well past the finishline and the area was totally uneven and difficult to work out of. I got pinned in by stockers coming back from their runs and waiting to get weighed. S/C was next and there was no way I could get up there for a good long while. My first run had bad info on the ticket from some electronic issue or something blowing thru the beams. I was offered another run but passed it up as I felt like it would be difficult to make two quick runs being pitted that far away. Atco's pit spaces are very narrow even if you get on pavement and the saving spaces deal is rediculous. I have had enough of trying to race these races and leave it to those that can afford to get there days in advance and sit for endless amounts of time and often in the rain....

John DiBartolomeo 10-01-2009 04:57 AM

Hey maybe if it rains, we should run this off on a practice tree. Or maybe pull cards? Jack you should be familiar with that concept!

Mark Callanan 10-01-2009 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Biebel (Post 143668)
last year at this race I arrived thursday evening before 8 if I recall right. I was dragged down the return road well past the finishline and the area was totally uneven and difficult to work out of. I got pinned in by stockers coming back from their runs and waiting to get weighed. S/C was next and there was no way I could get up there for a good long while. My first run had bad info on the ticket from some electronic issue or something blowing thru the beams. I was offered another run but passed it up as I felt like it would be difficult to make two quick runs being pitted that far away. Atco's pit spaces are very narrow even if you get on pavement and the saving spaces deal is rediculous. I have had enough of trying to race these races and leave it to those that can afford to get there days in advance and sit for endless amounts of time and often in the rain....

Rich

If you were blocked in by stockers at least you had nice cars to look at while you waited.......

scubasteve 10-01-2009 07:01 AM

i here u bout weather jack ,, got up today here in ohio,, windows frosted etc etc winter ^*^&*

Jack Matyas 10-01-2009 07:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning -- Now this is the Atco we all know - Sunny , 54 degrees , 29.94 barometer, and a DA of 200 feet - wow - and no record runs this weekend I'm told but can't confirm just yet .

And boy oh boy did this place fill up during the night - with the gates open 24 hours racers took advantage and and showed up early .

Test n Tune to start at 10 ............

Bob Pagano 10-01-2009 07:38 AM

If it dose not snow we should see a bunch of records set with temps in the 60s !