CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NHRA Membership Mystery Package (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68925)

Dave Turner 02-06-2018 09:20 PM

NHRA Membership Mystery Package

Much to my surprise, a package arrived by mail today from NHRA HQ. My membership and licence expire on the same date; April 30. Prior to my last renewal they expired on different dates and the good folks in the office suggested that a common date of refresh made more sense - no argument from me.

In today's parcel was the following content:

- Membership card which expires 4/30/2018.....hmmmmmmm
- Membership pin from 2017....wait, not a pin, it's a magnetic emblem
- Membership decal
- 4 Ticket Discount vouchers which expire 4/30/2018
- Summit contingency prompt

I just know there's a rogue computer behind all of this. :rolleyes:

Jim Wahl 02-07-2018 03:15 AM

Re: NHRA Membership Mystery Package

For the last several years when I received my new membership card I have noticed they would short me one month. In other words, if my membership was up 12/15 my new card said my membership was up 11/15. I have had to call every year to complain and they would send a new one with the correct expiration date. I would advise all of you to check this on your own memberships! They did it again this year!!! Jim

Steve Polhill 02-07-2018 11:06 AM

Hell last year I didn't get my renewed Membership card at all. 3 months went by and still no card. had to call head office and complain. They told me they had problems with membership renewals for a few months.

Frito 02-07-2018 11:17 AM

I sent in my renew a week or so ago. Yesterday I got an e mail with a confirmation number. I don't remember that ever happening before. I'll see what is in the packett when it arrives.

Superfan1 02-07-2018 03:53 PM

My membership always expires Dec.31, every year I renew it online in early December and I have never had any problems. When the new card arrives, it always shows Dec.31 as the expiration date.

boostedf22c 02-07-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Polhill (Post 555387)
Hell last year I didn't get my renewed Membership card at all. 3 months went by and still no card. had to call head office and complain. They told me they had problems with membership renewals for a few months.

I never received a membership card. Just my license renewal card. Of course paid for both...haha.

goinbroke2 02-07-2018 04:04 PM

Haven't had a membership issue with nhra since....2000 or so...

Would like to have access to a newer than 2000 rule book though, Lol!

Sean Marconette 02-07-2018 06:11 PM

Instead of the worthless fan guide, NHRA needs to send a paper rulebook to the racers, it should be part of our competition licence that we pay for.

Sean

Dennis P Chapman 02-07-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Marconette (Post 555426)
Instead of the worthless fan guide, NHRA needs to send a paper rulebook to the racers, it should be part of our competition licence that we pay for.

Sean

It used to be part of the package.

BRETV 02-07-2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Marconette (Post 555426)

Sean

X10

Bret Velde
2003 SS/LA