CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Events (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Ohio Valley Class Racers association (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=15480)

Greg Hill 01-26-2009 08:39 AM

Ohio Valley Class Racers association

Is there any interest in starting a racers association for stock and super stock in KY, TN, IN, ILL, MO and OH? Right now Bowling Green has 3 combo races scheduled and Ohio Valley has 8. I f we could find a couple of more racetracks to host 3 each we could use 3 of Ohio Valley's and the 3 at Bowling Green and have a 12 race series. I am doing this not to get a new job but to gauge interest from racers. If you are interested e-mail me at gph.hill@insightbb.com or let me know on the class racer site.

Greg

Alan Roehrich 01-26-2009 08:47 AM

Re: Ohio Valley Class Racers association

Greg,
I'm sure there is plenty of interest. I know many are talking about "staying close to home." The big problem here in TN is a lack of tracks. Music City is practically impossible to get the big trucks in to. We'd have gone to the race they had there last year, but it's so dangerous to take the truck on that road. Not sure what other options are possible. I'm sending you a PM, give me a call, I'll do everything I can to help.

Greg Hill 01-26-2009 09:39 AM

Alan, I was thinking more like maybe racetracks in S Ohio or S Indiana, or even in S MO or ILL. That way we could attract racers from a larger area. I'm basically thinking Nashville, Louisville, Indy, Cincinatti, Dayton, Columbus, and St. Louis and the surrounding areas.

Greg

Alan Roehrich 01-26-2009 09:44 AM

Greg,
That's fine. I think you are correct.

Terry Cain 01-26-2009 12:02 PM

Greg,
Count me in. I would really like to see more Sunday race day races. That way I can work OT Saturday and still afford to race. Maybe Edgewater?

Robert Swartz 01-26-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Hill (Post 102711)
Alan, I was thinking more like maybe racetracks in S Ohio or S Indiana, or even in S MO or ILL. That way we could attract racers from a larger area. I'm basically thinking Nashville, Louisville, Indy, Cincinatti, Dayton, Columbus, and St. Louis and the surrounding areas.

Greg

Greg,

I don't have my class car or my bracket car ready yet. I'd be interested in doing what I could. I believe, if, there are going to be races, racers are going have to band together. I agree with Terry on the Sunday races. I too, work alot of Saturdays. I'm roughly two hours from Ohio Valley, two hours from Edgewater, two hours from Muncie, pretty much two or more hours from everywhere.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Bowling Green allows IHRA cars to race just like Ohio Valley?

Robert Swartz

Ricky Clark 01-26-2009 07:39 PM

Greg, you know you will have our support if at all possible that should result in 10 or so cars

greg fulk 01-26-2009 08:33 PM

I'd show for all races @ edgewater/indy/clay-city/tri-state/ may eve make a race or 2 @ Ohio valley.

Larry Hill 01-26-2009 09:56 PM

We will race almost any place once. Every week if the track Hooks!

bob3240 01-27-2009 06:15 PM

greg; i'll make most of the races with my stocker. thanks for starting this program . bob michael