CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fuel in intake (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=73191)

GallopinGhost 05-30-2019 01:43 PM

Fuel in intake

Has anyone seen this ? I have a 383 mopar stock engine and have been getting fuel fouled spark plugs and I see fuel on the plenum floor of the intake. It's dual plane intake, fuel is on both sides. I've been working on the carb (holley) thinking too much of the transfer slot is exposed. The heat passage is blocked, so I'm wondering is the fuel puddling up because I've blocked the heat passage which not letting the fuel atomize ? I thought I had fuel in the oil,but I had it analyzed and they didn't detect anything. I was thinking about putting hotter plugs in it and maybe that would burn the fuel off. any experience ??

FED 387 05-30-2019 01:59 PM

Re: Fuel in intake

Overly rich or weak-marginal ignition system ---is it every plug or just one?

GallopinGhost 05-30-2019 02:10 PM

Ignition should be good. Everything new, msd dist., daytona sensors box. I've checked wire resistance from inside of cap to plug, all good.

it's 6 out of 8 plugs, I'm thinking cyl. to cyl distribution of this intake is pretty bad. Once I get to fine tuning it, pretty sure it will have staggered jetting.

don't think its rich basically. fuel mixture screws are adjusted to rpm/manifold vacuum

Larry Hill 05-31-2019 07:38 AM

Pull carb off and keep the fuel line hooked up. Then hold it level and have someone turn on fuel pump and see where the fuel is leaking. It maybe a gasket that is allowing fuel to drain through a vacuum port into the intake.

GallopinGhost 05-31-2019 08:58 AM

I've tried that Larry, not a drop. fuel pressure at 6#. When the engine is running, I can look down and nothing is coming out of the boosters. But when I take the carb off, the top of the base gasket is always wet. It's a 4 hole gasket to match intake. I'm missing something..

FED 387 05-31-2019 10:48 AM

What kind of accelerator pump do you have-did u check the vacuum plug too--try another carb see if it still persists

Alan Nyhus 05-31-2019 12:05 PM

What's your power valve situation?

FED 387 05-31-2019 12:38 PM

I meant power valve not vacuum plug

GallopinGhost 05-31-2019 01:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I don't have another good carb to try. Accelerator pump is 30cc, PV is 2.5. This problem happens after just idling. I have a plug for the PV, yet to try it though. I guess I'll try to map out all the passages next. Also will post some pics.

NORMAN BARNARD 05-31-2019 01:52 PM

What is the list number of the holley carb.???