CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Factory Stock weight issue (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=71046)

George Fitzpatrick 09-22-2018 07:14 AM

Factory Stock weight issue

Not taking sides, but an article on the Factory Stock changes from Hot Rod.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/nhra...ls-domination/

X-TECH MAN 09-22-2018 08:33 AM

Re: Factory Stock weight issue

It looks to me like the MoPars are "throwing" the game to gain sympathy as 50 lbs total should not make THAT much difference. In realty it should only slow down the Dodges about 2 to 3 hundreths with the 25 lbs added to them. Will the 25 lb reduction pick up the Mustangs and COPO's ? Time will tell. Don't forget that the early NMCA race and the two NHRA races (Bristol and Norwalk) were won by a bogus cheaters car that was tossed TWICE at Indy. Has he been banned for a year or has he been allowed to continue to screw up a great class and steal other racers money and points ?

davidhuff 09-22-2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN (Post 573362)
It looks to me like the MoPars are "throwing" the game to gain sympathy as 50 lbs total should not make THAT much difference. In realty it should only slow down the Dodges about 2 to 3 hundreths with the 25 lbs added to them. Will the 25 lb reduction pick up the Mustangs and COPO's ? Time will tell. Don't forget that the early NMCA race and the two NHRA races (Bristol and Norwalk) were won by a bogus cheaters car that was tossed TWICE at Indy. Has he been banned for a year or has he been allowed to continue to screw up a great class and steal other racers money and points ?

Kevin Helms and DSR Racing for sure are not bogus cheaters and thru hard work will be competitive again in the near future.Not all drag pack cars cheat.LOL

NotaClue 09-22-2018 02:00 PM

Poor put upon Dodges---only a 7.93 and a 7.92 All controversy aside, very nice runs.

Mike Jones 09-22-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhuff (Post 573379)
Kevin Helms and DSR Racing for sure are not bogus cheaters and thru hard work will be competitive again in the near future.Not all drag pack cars cheat.LOL

I don't believe he was referring to KH and DSR...

jmcarter 09-22-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotaClue (Post 573381)
Poor put upon Dodges---only a 7.93 and a 7.92 All controversy aside, very nice runs.

Turk ran a .98 at 172+ at Indy today... BTW, love your user name; humility is a plus.

Ed Wright 09-22-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN (Post 573362)

Agreed. Three hundredths is the most ( in bad air) 50lbs will slow my car. At their power levels, should be less.

Stewart Way 09-22-2018 03:14 PM

Terry, how do you figure the Mopars are throwing the game? Qualified 1 & 2. Chevy looks strong at 173mph. Maybe Chevy isn't so short on HP.

NotaClue 09-22-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcarter (Post 573385)
Turk ran a .98 at 172+ at Indy today... BTW, love your user name; humility is a plus.

I call it like I see it, especially when I look in the mirror.

X-TECH MAN 09-22-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhuff (Post 573379)

Re-read my post ! Never said a thing about Kevin Helms or DSR. The car I was talking about won the NMCA race and was DQed TWICE at INDY. Go back to school !