CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Crate Motor Class (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=15088)

KEN BUGAJ 01-08-2009 03:18 PM

Crate Motor Class

Xx

Chad Rhodes 01-08-2009 03:20 PM

Re: Crate Motor Class

outlaw 10.5 racing is looking better every day, i swear

Bruce Noland 01-08-2009 03:23 PM

They would open up car counts at all National Events if that was true. Nice try.

Brandon Peterson 01-08-2009 03:40 PM

I've never understood why NHRA stocker drivers hate us crate motor cars so much.......its like we aren't good enough we are the poor people that can't get into the good resturants.....not trying to start anything just wondering why all yall hate it so bad

KEN BUGAJ 01-08-2009 03:53 PM

Xx

Bruce Noland 01-08-2009 03:54 PM

Geez, hate is an awful strong word. I certainly don't hate crate motor cars. Poor people in restaurants? Man, that's a little too bitter for my tastes.

I do enjoy class racing at either nhra or IHRA.

Chad Rhodes 01-08-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon Peterson (Post 98940)
I've never understood why NHRA stocker drivers hate us crate motor cars so much.......its like we aren't good enough we are the poor people that can't get into the good resturants.....not trying to start anything just wondering why all yall hate it so bad

because it dilutes the class. As it stands right now (with the exception of a few paper cars), the motor in the car was available in the car. Have you ever tried to explain a SS/GT car to a casual fan? at least with stock and SS(traditional) its alot easier to explain. A crate motor stocker is barely a step removed froma bracket car

KEN BUGAJ 01-08-2009 04:05 PM

Xx

Chad Rhodes 01-08-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KEN BUGAJ (Post 98945)
A crate motor stocker is barely a step removed froma bracket car
What ! !
You Best take them words back Sonny,,,,,

Gee, The Super Stock guy's all let the GT cars in?
And the fans, believe it or not seem to understand the class.
Casual fan? Hell their at the Hot Dog stand when SS and STK. run.....

well Ken, i do sell alot of crate motors to bracket racers. i just think that every step away from the purity of the class, and there is no arguing that crate motors are a BIG step away, makes the class less and less relavent, and one step closer to being on the NHRA Summit bracket series, with pro/super pro. once again, I'm glad IHRA runs them and they are definetly another option for those that want to race them. I would rather see Stock/GT than crate motors myself though

Lyn Smith 01-08-2009 04:24 PM

Crate motor racers. Are you ready to get your runner volumes checked?