CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Class Eliminations Run Order (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=71929)

Monte Howard 01-08-2019 12:42 AM

Class Eliminations Run Order

Since we didn’t race at the US Nationals last year, I went to Indy to watch Stock and Superstock Class Eliminations. I would like to see NHRA go back to calling A-G/SA to the lanes and put all A/SA cars in one lane, B/SA in the lane besides them and so on. Setting in the stands watching a couple I/SA cars runs then and couple K/SA cars then whoever. It is a complete mess for the fans. Please NHRA I think for the fans we need to get back to running all same class cars together.this back and forth is a complete mess while setting in the stands.

Steve Dziorny 01-08-2019 04:39 AM

Re: Class Eliminations Run Order

This would require everybody in the same class to show up in a timely manner which can get difficult once enough cars start blocking up the entrance to the lanes.

340Cuda 01-08-2019 12:20 PM

I too would like to see the class cars all run together by class, A/S, A/SA, B/S, B/SA etc.

However I think it would be a nightmare to try and pull that off and not have delays.

Rod Greene 01-08-2019 02:56 PM

Simple solution. They already pair the cars on a ladder so you know who you are running, Call class to lane like A/S to lane one B to 2 etc . You have 15 minutes to be in your lane and paired up. A runs first when the first pair roll out the lane is blocked if an A car pulls up late he loses. The the B cars roll out when they move if a B car is late he loses. ETC... IF you are late you really were not serious about running class maybe next time you will be prepared.
This is similar to the first 3 pairs in eliminations. This eliminates the people who hang back and play games.

Scott Loge 01-08-2019 04:26 PM

Agreed,

Why not use both sides assign each class a Lane # and tell them get there. Start runnin lane 1 and go through. You not in your lane when its time you don't run!!

Easy Peasy!!

a pontiac 01-08-2019 04:40 PM

When I mentioned this at Indy this year, I was told, " its changed, get over it." This worker was too young to comprehend much more than his authority and his clipboard. I use "worker" loosely in his case.

voltdr 01-08-2019 06:08 PM

It's difficult enough to get all of the cars in the lanes for qualifying during the given time must less at a specific time.....
Dan

Rod Greene 01-08-2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltdr (Post 579893)
It's difficult enough to get all of the cars in the lanes for qualifying during the given time must less at a specific time.....
Dan

I never had a problem getting to the lanes on time. I was usually the first car there. I think that after you didn't make it once and lost you would get your act together and be there on time.

Bill Bogues 01-08-2019 08:43 PM

Call them up in order: a,b,c etc: if there not in line to run when there class starts running too bad.

Dallas Kelly 01-08-2019 10:07 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, to run a class together requires that the personnel assigned to the staging lane jobs understand what a CLASS is and how important for the show that everyone in that class runs consecutively. This was NEVER a problem when Redman controlled the lanes during class eliminations so most competitors understand it IS a manageable situation but the will to do so must originate form the top down. Rant over.