CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Tri-State S/SS Association (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   2019 Season (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=71648)

Dan Fahey 12-03-2018 03:16 AM

2019 Season

Hope there is a good season being scheduled..
Few suggestions.

Consider adding Capitol Raceway, Maple Grove or Beaver Springs to the schedule..

Have Trophies for Winner and Runner up, long distance, best RT.
The tracks can supply them for little or no cost.
Don’t need extravagant ones...

Keep a Association Class Records.

Have one extra round for Heads up racing between any two cars that may want to challenge each other.
Set a $1 - $20 bet for bragging rights!
Like an A/SA vs a SS/IA ...might create a little racing Buzz!

D

Chris1529 01-07-2019 10:02 PM

Re: 2019 Season

I was thinking Beaver Springs or South Mountain. I have never been to Capital.

I think that most guys from the Pittsburgh area that want to race are running NHRA, NMCA, a few Buckeye S/SS, or just the Keystone Races.

For me, trying to run association races on Holiday weekends or the PID Reunion weekend at Keystone are deal breakers. It just takes too long and the races rarely finish or finish at 2am. Last year, I went to a S/SS combo at National Trail ( Not Buckeye S/SS) the same weekend as the TSSSA tried to race at the Keystone PID reunion weekend in September. Ohio races went off fine. Keystone did not finish either race because of dew and oil downs.

Dan Fahey 01-07-2019 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris1529 (Post 579817)
I was thinking Beaver Springs or South Mountain. I have never been to Capital.

I think that most guys from the Pittsburgh area that want to race are running NHRA, NMCA, a few Buckeye S/SS, or just the Keystone Races.

For me, trying to run association races on Holiday weekends or the PID Reunion weekend at Keystone are deal breakers. It just takes too long and the races rarely finish or finish at 2am. Last year, I went to a S/SS combo at National Trail ( Not Buckeye S/SS) the same weekend as the TSSSA tried to race at the Keystone PID reunion weekend in September. Ohio races went off fine. Keystone did not finish either race because of dew and oil downs.

I think Beaver is a good idea..
NMCA dominates those races in Ohio and west Pennsylvania.
Rain last year stopped a lot of racing.

Steve Stasko 01-08-2019 12:18 AM

Beaver Springs is definitely a better option than South Mountain. Numidia may even be willing to work with whoever on a race.

While South Mountain is a decent track, it's rocket science for them to run a 50-60 car bracket program smoothly on a Sunday afternoon. There is also the factor that they can only run one day a week...although they have been opening that up some. It's 23 miles to SM from my front door, and while I do run there a few times a year, it's not my first choice of places to go.

As for trophies...you're better off trying to get a sponsor for these items. The track is already doing you a favor by hosting your program. Don't inconvenience them any more than you have to.

Chris1529 01-08-2019 08:16 AM

Why can or does South Mountain only run one day per week?

I have never been there.

Steve Stasko 01-08-2019 09:12 AM

I don't want to get into all the details as I don't know the exact story, but issues with the neighbors can sum it up pretty well. There are numerous houses in very close proximity to the track. There were also some issues with the township years ago that exacerbated the situation.

Dan Fahey 01-08-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Stasko (Post 579833)
Beaver Springs is definitely a better option than South Mountain. Numidia may even be willing to work with whoever on a race.

While South Mountain is a decent track, it's rocket science for them to run a 50-60 car bracket program smoothly on a Sunday afternoon. There is also the factor that they can only run one day a week...although they have been opening that up some. It's 23 miles to SM from my front door, and while I do run there a few times a year, it's not my first choice of places to go.

As for trophies...you're better off trying to get a sponsor for these items. The track is already doing you a favor by hosting your program. Don't inconvenience them any more than you have to.

South Mountain Dragway.
Never knew a track was there.

That is an easy location for most Maryland, Pennsylvania.
Even New Jersey and North Virginia.

Capitol Raceway (Capitol not Capital) is right off Rt 50 and to Rt 3.
You can get it from I-95 from Rt 100 or Rt 32
It is also a fast track.

Trophies..
The Tracks get them cheap because they buy direct.
Most expensive part is the label.

D

kjclark887 01-08-2019 05:35 PM

I agree- Capitol, Mason Dixon, Budds Creek, Cecil County are all tracks that should be considered for next year.

Dave Turner 01-08-2019 05:54 PM

The Buckeye Series schedule has just been released. :)

Dan Fahey 01-08-2019 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Turner (Post 579892)
The Buckeye Series schedule has just been released. :)

Thanks..good information