CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Evans coolant. (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=72791)

John Bender 04-15-2019 03:50 PM

Evans coolant.

Has any racer tried Evans coolant. Good or no good. Thanks for any help.

Dennis P Chapman 04-15-2019 07:49 PM

Re: Evans coolant.

I have JB worked well for me car ran a lot cooler.

BILL TAYLOR 04-15-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Bender (Post 586929)
Has any racer tried Evans coolant. Good or no good. Thanks for any help.

John, I have not tried it myself, but the local Evans dealer told me to expect a little higher temp. but very stable at the new temp.Bill.

Herbie Null 04-16-2019 07:24 AM

John, I ran it last season and noticed about 5 degrees cooler and temps did not reach above 170 it looked as good as when I put it in at the end of the year. I also put in a new radiator last year and it still looks brand new, not rust what so ever, it's worth the extra $$ for that reason alone to me and also lubes the water pump.

Jim Parsons 04-16-2019 08:49 AM

When I inquired to my local dealer about it he concurred with prior comments but also stated it can’t be mixed with water, very $$, and once you get it ”HOT” it take a long time to cool down.
My 2 cents
Jim

Darrel Goheen 04-16-2019 11:32 PM

I've used it for a couple years. All the hype sounds good. I don't know of an advantage. Didn't notice any difference in it. That stuff is nasty though to get it on your hands. Their contingency program is ridiculous. It's promoted as a lifetime coolant yet you must buy a fairly large amount of it every two years to be eligible. If it's lifetime what are we to do with it?

1320racer 04-17-2019 08:05 AM

their contingency decal will never be on my cars.

https://classracer.com/classforum/sh...t=evans&page=3

Keith 944 04-17-2019 09:18 AM

I bought it for their contingency. have a box of it still sitting on the shelf
last season I paid $200 won over $500 I don’t know about you but I think it was worth putting the decal on the car. I really don’t like the buy in deals where you have to buy product again the following season especially at $200 minimum
I’m not gonna have 20 boxes of Evans coolant sitting on my shelf so unfortunately I won’t be spending the $200 this year. I was planning on putting the stuff in my Dodge Street/strip car if I ever get that going again.

1320racer 04-17-2019 11:01 AM

Keith you know that $500 is pennies compared to the $ it cost to build and maintain a competitive car in any NHRA Sportsman class. Bottomline is I don't by into their marketing bs and therefore will never buy into the contingency program. Straight water in both my cars, NOTHING cools better!!

Darrel Goheen 04-17-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1320racer (Post 587065)
Keith you know that $500 is pennies compared to the $ it cost to build and maintain a competitive car in any NHRA Sportsman class. Bottomline is I don't by into their marketing bs and therefore will never buy into the contingency program. Straight water in both my cars, NOTHING cools better!!

How do you handle corrosion and rust with water only? The Stocker Nova I use to drive we ran water only the first year and in less than a season the water pump passages were considerably built up with corrosion. We started putting a gallon of anti freeze in it after that and no more corrosion build up. When I got my Camaro the cooling system was water only and a bunch of rusty gunk. I flushed it out several times and put Evans in it. Thanks.