CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   One way valve at collector for evacuation system (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=69352)

Jeff Stout 03-23-2018 03:17 PM

One way valve at collector for evacuation system

Looking for part number for the valve that screws onto collector and house from valve cover slips on. NAPA says $50.00 each and I walked out. Thanks in advance for part number or year and make of vehicle.

Starship 03-23-2018 03:34 PM

Re: One way valve at collector for evacuation system

Standard Motor Products AV7

Jeff Stout 03-23-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starship (Post 558997)
Standard Motor Products AV7

Thanks I wanted them today or I would order from speed shop. Now if auto parts store has them I'm golden thank you again

1720 03-23-2018 03:51 PM

Moroso Replacement Check Valves 97800?

https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...illocation=int

FED 387 03-23-2018 06:07 PM

u need a Dorman 355050 --- its called a secondary air injection check valve about $12-15 - most auto parts stores--go to a late model junk yard look for most any 92-2007 or so GM car they go and are part of the plumbing for the pollution stuff should be by the exhaust manifold-- remember that GM used the type the had Hose barbs on both ends an the type that had a hose barb on one end and a female threaded port on the other end ---FED 387

TERMITE S/G 2122 03-23-2018 06:42 PM

Autozone cv8 By BWD

CMcAllister 03-23-2018 06:55 PM

NAPA is a Echlin CRB 229000 $16-18.

FED 387 03-23-2018 06:58 PM

Actually if u find the right parts store $6-8

MAURICE BLENDHEIM 03-24-2018 09:14 AM

What we have found with these common check valves is, they require more vacuum and more crankcase pressure to move internal valve off the seat. In their original form they are designed to stop exhaust back pressure from entering air injection system. An air injection system develops a higher pressure than what your crankcase pressure "should not be". The header vacuum signal also is in most cases is not high enough to move valve off the seat either and back pressure in an open header application has as close to zero back pressure as you can get. These check valves actually work when you hollow them out with a drill. Your crankcase pressure is then evacuated through those relatively restricted breathers in the rocker covers, through the 3+ foot long 5/8" hose connected to the check valves that are mounted to the 1/2" NPT nipples that are 3-4" long that has one end cut on a 45 degree angle with an orifice cut into it, scientifically positioned into the collector that develops a very "low to no" vacuum signal, to create an evacuation atmosphere or a complex "road draft" system. Check it out and see what I mean. I stand to be corrected. Maurice.

MR DERBY CITY 03-24-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Stout (Post 558995)
Looking for part number for the valve that screws onto collector and house from valve cover slips on. NAPA says $50.00 each and I walked out. Thanks in advance for part number or year and make of vehicle.

Jeff, I know you have multiple race cars ...you do realize you can not run a vac u pan system in stock eliminator .?