CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Denver living areas ??? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68973)

FED 387 02-11-2018 01:48 PM

Denver living areas ???

I have a friend whose daughter is thinking about moving to the Denver Colorado area. A midlife/divorce situation-- Any areas to stay away from??? she is a Registered nurse and just starting out in a new phase of her life, so she doesn't have lots of money to spend on rent or purchasing something.... We all know every locality has "good and bad" areas just trying to get a heads up on areas you really don't want to look at ??? She is planning on looking in mid June of this year ---any feedback is greatly appreciated --you can PM me if you want don't want anyone getting in trouble saying derogatory things-- FED 387

Rat Raceway 02-11-2018 02:39 PM

Re: Denver living areas ???

She is not moving to the best place for low rent prices...
Montebello/Denver proper or Aurora can be ruff areas... Right now rent and entry level homes are crazy expensive 250k for a 1000sqft. People moving here in packs. Hope this helps.

X-TECH MAN 02-12-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rat Raceway (Post 555769)
She is not moving to the best place for low rent prices...
Montebello/Denver proper or Aurora can be ruff areas... Right now rent and entry level homes are crazy expensive 250k for a 1000sqft. People moving here in packs. Hope this helps.

People moving there in packs ! They must be going for the Z WEED ! Not a good place to live or visit !

jmcarter 02-12-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN (Post 555844)
People moving there in packs ! They must be going for the Z WEED ! Not a good place to live or visit !

There's $$$ in it so legal weed will keep spreading. Great place to visit if you stay out of the big metro areas, particularly on a motorcycle; some of the best riding in the country. Will concede though that after living there over 40 years ago we went back to Colorado Springs couple of years ago and could not wait to get out. Get over to Durango, growing so housing is expensive but much much better than the corridor down the East side of the rockies.

Demon340 02-18-2018 01:22 PM

Try the Western Slope (Grand Junction, Montrose, or Delta) areas. High need for health care workers. Less crazy then Denver. Good drag strip in Grand Junction as well.

Rat Raceway 02-18-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN (Post 555844)

Great place to live and visit!

Our economy is booming and lots of good things to do. Not everyone in Colorado is a pot head!!!

FED 387 02-18-2018 02:32 PM

ThAnks to all that replied I will pass the info along. FED 387

Eddies66 02-19-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FED 387 (Post 555763)
I have a friend whose daughter is thinking about moving to the Denver Colorado area. A midlife/divorce situation-- Any areas to stay away from??? she is a Registered nurse and just starting out in a new phase of her life, so she doesn't have lots of money to spend on rent or purchasing something.... We all know every locality has "good and bad" areas just trying to get a heads up on areas you really don't want to look at ??? She is planning on looking in mid June of this year ---any feedback is greatly appreciated --you can PM me if you want don't want anyone getting in trouble saying derogatory things-- FED 387

Try Reno/Sparks, exploding with Amazon and Apple and more to come. NO STATE TAX ON INCOME.

chris ok 02-21-2018 11:41 AM

Have a neice in NorthGlenn area. Middle working class. Bought a house and is happy.
We visited couple years ago. Beautiful scenery. Lots of good jobs. Pot heads cant pass pee tests lol. Dont know where you all are coming from but my extended family is from Rochester NY and feel it is a big upgrade for them for young people I believe.
Other neice in Boulder, very expensive but she will leave when she finishes doctorate.
I think its a good overall area and i noticed a health conscience area. People always walking n working out.
Very different from NYC, Which i do not recommend.
Good luck.
Check it out.
It is expensive to rent out there ro be remembered. That is all.
Chris

Two-Timer 03-04-2018 03:26 PM

I have lived in Colorado Springs for the last 15 years and there are some really nice places to live here and not as expensive as Denver and only 30 minutes away. Hospitals are expanding as we speak and a VA hospital is open. If she has a interest I wouild be glad to help !!!