CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Southern Stock and Super Stock Association (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   SSSSA Indexes Will Not Change! (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=22525)

Jim Wahl 12-18-2009 06:21 PM

SSSSA Indexes Will Not Change!

In the wake of the index changes by the NHRA, the SSSSA has decided not to go along with these changes and to use only the IHRA indexes for Stock and Super Stock. The reasoning should be obvious that the lowering of the indexes by .30 would render many of our racers combos uncompetitive. Since we pride ourselves at the SSSSA with providing as many racers as we can, a fun place to race, it doesn't seen logical to punish the racers who are trying to get started or don't have unlimited funds to race. To some Drag Racing is a way of life, to others it is a hobby. We want everyone to be able to race with us! Jim

Rusty Gillis 12-18-2009 07:27 PM

Re: SSSSA Indexes Will Not Change!

I'm glad to hear this Jim as I'm getting ready to take my 428 to the machine shop in the morning and I wasn't very happy to lose .3 since my combo was last run around 1999 as a C/SA and it has been hit with HP over the years and is now B/SA and the quickest I ran was 11.18. I'm trying to put it together without spending a lot of money and plan on racing with you guys this year.

Jim Wahl 12-18-2009 08:25 PM

And we a re honored to have you Rusty! Jim

X-TECH MAN 12-27-2009 04:28 PM

Good move Jim. It seems like NHRA is just trying to run off racers. I will be moving to Fla. myself in March someplace around Leesburg or Ocala and will look forward to meeting you and coming to some of your races to watch. If I get the "Hots" again I might even go racing again with the circuit. Do you know of any nice homes for sale with a large garage and they allow a trailer to be parked outside? Id like to stay under $200,000 if possable.

Jim Woods 12-27-2009 06:57 PM

Terry, Our series would be happy to have you.Connie and I can help you look also. There are some nice places here in Lake Wales area .We are not changing our rules to match NHRA and feel it is in the best interest of our association racers to use the IHRA indexes and keep the s/ss cars a place to have fun and continue racing instead of going by the wayside.Look forward to seeing you.Also any racers planning to set records at Imokkolee points meet should come in with a head off the day before or contact me early so I can check you before then.

Kenny Wigington 12-28-2009 10:51 AM

Thats good news to hear ! Looking forward to next season ! Hopefully, I will be around to run a few this time !

Nitro Joe Jackson 03-03-2010 10:33 PM

Good move, we did the same thing at the Buckeye SS/Stock series too