CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Under the index for under a grand! (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=44903)

Billy Nees 12-21-2012 05:40 PM

Under the index for under a grand!

You read it right, this winters project is going to be something that should do away with all of the excuses for not being able to afford to go Stock Eliminator racing!
One of my racing buddys just bought a 1979 Pontiac GP out of the local shopper for 500 bucks and through some good scrounging, good dealing and(hopefully) good luck we are going to try and get it under the U/SA index for 1000 bucks or less(or more) not counting the price of the car.
We've got it in the garage and up in the air so stay tuned for updates.

jims5600 12-21-2012 06:35 PM

Re: Under the index for under a grand!

This will be interesting,keep us updated.

Mark Yacavone 12-21-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 361924)
You read it right, this winters project is going to be something that should do away with all of the excuses for not being able to afford to go Stock Eliminator racing!
One of my racing buddys just bought a 1979 Pontiac GP out of the local shopper for 500 bucks and through some good scrounging, good dealing and(hopefully) good luck we are going to try and get it under the U/SA index for 1000 bucks or less(or more) not counting the price of the car.
We've got it in the garage and up in the air so stay tuned for updates.

2 bbl 301? I hope you're planning on getting it out early in the season

Dennis P Chapman 12-21-2012 08:17 PM

I saw the car its for real should be good.

Bob Shaw 12-21-2012 08:41 PM

Let's make this a classracer project car. I know we all have extra used parts that we will never use and we can donate. Gauges, gears,tires,shifters,shocks,plug wires,coils,ignition boxes,etc. I will donate an 8" th200 converter if others are interested in helping. What do you think, Billy?

Billy Nees 12-22-2012 08:54 AM

Hi Bob! Merry Christmas to you and the Mrs!
I appreciate your offer but I'm going to try and hold this thing to my strict budget cap and I know that there are some things that I'm going to catch flak for already.
I like the idea of a "Project Class Racer" though. I'd be up for that. I'll have to run it past Kenny.

Dwight Southerland 12-22-2012 09:44 AM

Kudos, Billy! This is one of my "favs" right now. Ridiculously low power rating, cheap and not too difficult ot find, RWD, V8, available in 2bbl-4bbl-auto-stick.

I like the idea of a Class Racer "dime rocket" project! It's not too critical that it be a killer car, but fast enough to qualify at national events and not be first round fodder in class elims.

Jack Matyas 12-22-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 361997)
Hi Bob! Merry Christmas to you and the Mrs!
I appreciate your offer but I'm going to try and hold this thing to my strict budget cap and I know that there are some things that I'm going to catch flak for already.
I like the idea of a "Project Class Racer" though. I'd be up for that. I'll have to run it past Kenny.

Billy - I'm in .......And we'll see if we can make this happen .And Merry Christmas .

Ken Miele 12-22-2012 10:34 AM

Sounds Like a great idea, "Project Class Racer". I will start a thread and stick it to the top. I don't want to take away from Billy's build.

Bob, thanks for the input. Glad to see Jack and Billy on board. I am sure other members will also join in.

Tim H 12-22-2012 10:08 PM

Under the index for a $1000 ... easily if you add a blue bottle ... Just kiddin'