CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   All Star Racing Association (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   NED NHRA Nat'L Open 16/17 May (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=53082)

Bill Pomponi 05-14-2014 11:17 AM

NED NHRA Nat'L Open 16/17 May

Thanks to Tom Boucher.

Gates close 9PM SHARP fri nite for parking

Rain date is Sunday May 18

Don Fardie 05-14-2014 02:00 PM

Re: NED NHRA Nat'L Open 16/17 May

Bill,
Are you sure on the rain date being Sunday? I was just told from someone at the track testing that the track is saying the Import Race schedule for Sunday is still running and it won't be moved. Due to the heavy rains being forecasted I wish they would put a Plan B out there so we know what's going on.

Dave Casey 05-14-2014 02:47 PM

My guess is that they will run both events on Sunday if it rains Saturday, but there is a real chance that some or all of the Open will get done Saturday.

I don't know if those import events are as big as they use to be.

Don, they have a burnout contest and stereo soundoff, we will fit right in.

Dave

Eric Merryfield 05-14-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Pomponi (Post 431419)
Thanks to Tom Boucher.

Gates close 9PM SHARP fri nite for parking

Rain date is Sunday May 18

Thanks Tom, and you Bill for posting this. I didn't notice anything on the NED website this morning re rain date, didn't look on the D-1 Site. Hope they get the info up, so the event is as attended as possible.

Eric

Bob Don 05-14-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Fardie (Post 431437)
Bill,
Are you sure on the rain date being Sunday? I was just told from someone at the track testing that the track is saying the Import Race schedule for Sunday is still running and it won't be moved. Due to the heavy rains being forecasted I wish they would put a Plan B out there so we know what's going on.

I agree

Don Fardie 05-14-2014 06:59 PM

Sam Dillow had called the track and he was told that the track was rented out to the promoters that run Import Event and that the Open race would not be run on Sunday. He said Div 1 guys were on their way up and he figures they will make the call if it is to be rescheduled later.

Gary Parker 05-14-2014 07:55 PM

Just to add to the confusion, Dave Ley said Sunday is the rain date.... Hoping we get it in.

Don Fardie 05-14-2014 08:54 PM

Well I'm backing out of this one because it's quite obvious something isn't ain't right in Mudville. ...no pun intended

Gary Parker 05-15-2014 08:27 AM

And now I stand corrected... D-1 crew will make a decision when they get there.

Dave Casey 05-15-2014 09:52 AM

It is still thurs am, and it could improve, I plan on being there Fri night or Saturday AM.

The last thing we need is to reschedule, that could put it on one of our races.

I like the PC Richard open series races and wish to support them and New England as much as I can.

If you are joining ASRA and wish to bring your dues and waiver, feel free to give it to Bobby Broadbent, Marc LaBrecque or myself this weekend.