CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   B&M Pro Ratchet shifter - T-350 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=23367)

Bill Pomponi 01-25-2010 11:49 AM

B&M Pro Ratchet shifter - T-350

Friend is installing a new B&M Pro Ratchet shifter utilizing a Turbo-350, and having trouble with the adjustment and almost seems that the geometry is not right. He has checked the brackets etc all look OK.

Any Ideas?

Footbrake 01-25-2010 07:54 PM

Re: B&M Pro Ratchet shifter - T-350

Assuming that he has the correct trans shift lever on and the cable is in the middle hole of the bracket, Tell him to adjust it so that both shifter and trans are fully in first gear.

1299 01-25-2010 10:25 PM

is he having a problem geting in to park? if so to get in to park he need to hit the shifter 2 time. that is normal op.

Kenny Wigington 01-26-2010 09:54 AM

I have had 2. Last one, was adjusted way too many times, and always had to hit it twice, to go into park and twice to go from park to reverse. Changed to a PPP, and no more problems.

Bill Pomponi 01-26-2010 11:02 AM

Thanks for your honesty and sincerity.

Glad I don't use one !!

race watcher 01-26-2010 06:24 PM

It is in the instruction manual. You must double shift to go into park from reverse and the same to get into reverse from park. For T 350 only.

bobby 01-27-2010 04:45 PM

Same for a TH400. I have had one since 85 and love the thing. I wouldn't use anything else. One thing I did have to do is build a new lever for the tranny. The cable mounting hole was off by about 1/2 a hole. The lever needs to be the same length as the shifter arm. Hole to hole. Does this make any sense? My lever was shorter and you could either get into first or park, but not both, depending on the adjustment.

Bob Shaw 01-27-2010 08:09 PM

I have used that shifter on my last 4 cars and love them, but I always had to modify the lever on the trans to get the geometry right. B& M says that it is not a problem!

Kenny Wigington 01-27-2010 08:12 PM

"It is in the instruction manual. You must double shift to go into park from reverse and the same to get into reverse from park. For T 350 only."

I got both second hand, last still was in the box, but missing the paperwork, if I remember it correctly. First was in a car I bought. Both seemed to work without any major worries, other than the double hit biz. I had it on a 904, in the first one, and in my stocker I have now, at first, connected to a T-350 initially, and later to a Metric 200. They're not bad shifters, Im just more comfortable with the PPP.