CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Support Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Tire pressure gauge (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=40767)

7sec.cuda 05-14-2012 07:20 PM

Tire pressure gauge

what are some of the more accurate ones out there? what is everbody using thanks

Geerhead55 05-14-2012 10:56 PM

Re: Tire pressure gauge

I've been using my trusty 'ol Moroso gauge for quite a while now,,, no problems,, just make sure you get the protective rubber sleeve, in case it gets dropped.
Once you get something, stick with it for consistency, instead of borrowing from this guy or that guy, using different gauges.
I have mine specifically for the slicks and I have one strictly for my frontrunners.
Surprisingly,, I got a digital, illuminated, gauge for my birthday recently which reads fairly close to my regular gauges. Since I know this is a cheaper gauge, I haven't put a lot of trust in it, but its in my "track box", for a backup if its needed.
Good luck with your search.
Danny Durham

Jim Wahl 05-15-2012 08:40 PM

Been using a Jeg's digital that I'm very happy with. Reads to the 1/10 of a pound. I think it's about $90. Jim

Phil3700 05-23-2012 08:05 AM

Intensity racing products has a nice gauge called pressure inc. Works good!

Sean Marconette 05-23-2012 08:47 AM

If you already bought a gauge with the bleed fitting, then all you need to do is visit a Grainger to get a quality replacement gauge. You could also get a glycerin filled gauge. But it requires more time to deal with, as the ambient temperature affects it. It requires you to open a vent to equalize the pressure on the bourdon tube. The advantage to the glycerine is durability. You can get a large diameter segmented gauge too.

Sean

bobby 05-30-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geerhead55 (Post 326532)
I've been using my trusty 'ol Moroso gauge for quite a while now,,, no problems,, just make sure you get the protective rubber sleeve, in case it gets dropped.
Once you get something, stick with it for consistency, instead of borrowing from this guy or that guy, using different gauges.
I have mine specifically for the slicks and I have one strictly for my frontrunners.
Surprisingly,, I got a digital, illuminated, gauge for my birthday recently which reads fairly close to my regular gauges. Since I know this is a cheaper gauge, I haven't put a lot of trust in it, but its in my "track box", for a backup if its needed.
Good luck with your search.
Danny Durham

I'm with this guy. I have 2 Moroso guages and they are with in 1/8 of a pound of each other. One for each car.