CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   End of year HP (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68465)

Bob Bender 12-12-2017 12:56 PM

End of year HP

When are they posting the end of the year HP requests??? Anybody know ??

Glenn Briglio 12-12-2017 01:09 PM

Re: End of year HP

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Bender (Post 551622)
When are they posting the end of the year HP requests??? Anybody know ??

The Friday before NHRA closes for holiday's

Ron Ortiz 12-12-2017 02:26 PM

I've been looking for more horsepower, I didn't know you could request NHRA to get some. And here I've been working on the car the whole time.

In the past I have sent HP request and included graphs showing the difference in other liked class cars, well written observations and detailed comparisons. Nothing happened, it amazes me how some combos get instant gratification, while others are brow beaten.

NHRA needs to update their AHFS system and start reviewing all the data that they have from numerous runs, Such as 330', 660', 1,000' incremental times to determine what is being protected. But that idea was given to them over 20 years ago and fell on deaf ears.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA get your free HP right here.

countrypuppy4865 12-12-2017 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Ortiz (Post 551635)
I've been looking for more horsepower, I didn't know you could request NHRA to get some. And here I've been working on the car the whole time.

In the past I have sent HP request and included graphs showing the difference in other liked class cars, well written observations and detailed comparisons. Nothing happened, it amazes me how some combos get instant gratification, while others are brow beaten.

NHRA needs to update their AHFS system and start reviewing all the data that they have from numerous runs, Such as 330', 660', 1,000' incremental times to determine what is being protected. But that idea was given to them over 20 years ago and fell on deaf ears.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA get your free HP right here.

Ron,

Take a look at this for information on the AHFS. http://www.nhraracer.com/content/gen...633&zoneid=132

They don't take hp off of a combination unless it is currently being run, and it has to meet the requirements to be eligible for a reduction. All the request does is makes them look at the combination to see if it meets requirements to get hp off.

Ron Ortiz 12-12-2017 04:07 PM

Thanks Cooter, the info was very helpful. Seems a lot better now.

When I filed for the request it was in regard to the 273's being run by the Dodges. My Plymouth has a B&B carb while the Dodges have a Stromberg, but they had to weigh more than me. Then they grouped us all together with the weight breaks the same, but no change for me, and we both have the same minimum weight. Also within the request and graphs was the Buicks which were flying, including Lloyd Mackay which ran R, T and U and held the record for all the classes at the same time. But the biggest complaint within the request was Bob Dennis and his Cutlass Banana car. Like I said ,it fell on deaf ears.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA the times they are a changin'

Billy Nees 12-12-2017 06:41 PM

-----

jmantle 12-13-2017 04:22 PM

"NHRA needs to update their AHFS system and start reviewing all the data that they have from numerous runs, Such as 330', 660', 1,000' incremental times to determine what is being protected."

I think they would get a lot of flack if they did, let's face it, a large percentage of the racers don't want the AHFS to work. That's why you can set a national record 1.87 or 1.91 under and not get horsepower on Monday.

Jim Mantle V/SA 6632

Paul Precht 12-13-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmantle (Post 551718)
"NHRA needs to update their AHFS system and start reviewing all the data that they have from numerous runs, Such as 330', 660', 1,000' incremental times to determine what is being protected."

I think they would get a lot of flack if they did, let's face it, a large percentage of the racers don't want the AHFS to work. That's why you can set a national record 1.87 or 1.91 under and not get horsepower on Monday.

Jim Mantle V/SA 6632

If they used the 660 times for the AHFS it would put the brakes on a lot of the games being played, I think a lot of people enjoy working the system.

Ed Wright 12-13-2017 10:09 PM

Not all cars run the back half the same in relation to their 330'.

Ron Ortiz 12-13-2017 10:20 PM

Ed, I'm not talking about a single measurement of one particular position on the track. I'm referring to using all the incremental times as a whole to determine lifting. With today's technology one could easily figure what a car will run all out, every good racer knows exactly what their car would run even if they are lifting. But, of course, racers would not want this technology to happen to them. But, hey what do I know, it is a performance based category. We all know how the game is played, this would just be leverage for the AHFS.
How do I get horsepower but still run the same ET.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA should I lift