CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Support Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Sewer smell while driving (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=33586)

DIAPERMAN 05-23-2011 10:08 AM

Sewer smell while driving

We get sewer smell while driving after using all weekend .dont get it going at all toilet has water in it vents closed also put water in sinks and covered shower drain

Keith 944 05-23-2011 02:19 PM

Re: Sewer smell while driving

i use to get that too, with side windows down, it would draw the smell forward, even with formaldehyde additive. whew, bad stuff. anyway, i bought a vent top, sorta looks like a wind vain. it attaches to the vent pipe and draws the oder out while driving. works pretty well. and def. worth the $5-15 bucks i paid for it! got mine at good old wal-mart...

DIAPERMAN 05-23-2011 05:11 PM

Thanks I saw those

sc180b 05-23-2011 11:10 PM

Not sure what make coach you have, but I have had the same issue in my last two motorhomes. I tracked the problem down in both of them to the in house syphon style vent the manufactures use on the drain lines for the sink in the cooking area. This style vent is spring loaded and opens when water goes down the waste line. The smell is from the vent not closing completely allowing odor from the gray tank to come back up and out of vent. The vent is normally located in the cabinet under the sink. The vent is easly replaced and should thread off, no cutting or glueing involved.
Pope

Adger Smith 05-24-2011 01:41 AM

I couldn't resist.... Have you checked to see if your Diaper is full?
:~)

DIAPERMAN 05-24-2011 07:59 AM

I cant believe someone had not came up with a diaper jab That was funny

Mike Pearson 05-24-2011 09:02 AM

i am having the same issue. When I flush the toilet when the air conditioner is running I get a foul smell. Seems to be only when the A/C is on.

BlueOval Ralph 05-24-2011 10:29 AM

Do you also have a shower?? I you do it could be that the trap in the shower is draining when you you flush I had that problem in my Prevost a couple large glasses of fresh water in the shower drain did wonders, it would also happen when the holding tanks were drained. Also it does not hurt to put fresh water in any trap after draing holding tanks
Just a thought
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Pearson (Post 260380)
i am having the same issue. When I flush the toilet when the air conditioner is running I get a foul smell. Seems to be only when the A/C is on.

Mike Pearson 05-24-2011 12:45 PM

Thanks Blue Oval Ralph. That makes good sense. I will try that.

DIAPERMAN 05-24-2011 06:21 PM

The shower is grey water and stool is black tank I think I found problem access panle in bathroom there is a releif valve that runs in the side top of black water tank the one-way valve on it is bad but Fleetwood dose not show on parts list