CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   AHRA index racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68386)

voltdr 02-05-2018 12:35 PM

Re: AHRA index racing

I can't see that there will be a lot of cars, if any, signing up for this. It's hard enough to win a Super class race with all of the electronics. I can't imagine that there are 10 cars in the country that match all the requirements.
Dan

X-TECH MAN 02-05-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltdr (Post 555200)
I can't see that there will be a lot of cars, if any, signing up for this. It's hard enough to win a Super class race with all of the electronics. I can't imagine that there are 10 cars in the country that match all the requirements.
Dan

To bad as the electronic and air operated throttle stops have killed the .90 classes for the spectator. Just take a look in the stands when they run today. In the beginning its was a bolt stop or adjustment with weight. The start and bog then start again is boring as hell !

Wild Wild West 02-05-2018 02:57 PM

It is true that .90 racing is boring to most all spectators, but that is because they really don't understand how the game is played. It is far from boring to the drivers that participate in the .90 classes. Besides, most spectators are not at a National Event to watch the .90 classes.

voltdr 02-05-2018 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=X-TECH MAN;555206]To bad as the electronic and air operated throttle stops have killed the .90 classes for the spectator. Just take a look in the stands when they run today. In the beginning its was a bolt stop or adjustment with weight. The start and bog then start again is boring as hell ![/Q

What do you think would happen if the electronics were banned?
Dan

Lenny5160 02-05-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN (Post 555206)
To bad as the electronic and air operated throttle stops have killed the .90 classes for the spectator. Just take a look in the stands when they run today. In the beginning its was a bolt stop or adjustment with weight. The start and bog then start again is boring as hell !

Some day I'll finally ascend to Stock or Super Stock so I can do my burnout and look through the smoke in awe at full grandstands at a national event! :rolleyes:

63corvette 02-05-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Look at the stands for any of the sportsman classes except maybe TS and TD and you see the same things.
Have you ever competed in the throttle stop classes?
If not don't knock it until you try it.
160+ mph in a roadster is much more fun for me than 110 MPH was in my stocker and it was a stick car.
I ran stock for years in the 60's and early 70's.
I have just as much or more fun now running a SG car as I did the stock car back when.
Being retired it is also less work to run the SG car and to me it is about fun not how much work it takes to be competitive. I would not have retired if I wanted to work the hours it takes to be competitive in stock and super stock.
It is all about different strokes for different folks. I have other interests other than drag racing also.
Please don't knock any of the classes or we may just not have any classes to run in the future.
Be a part of the solution not part of the problem by knocking a class of racers.
Just My 2 Cents
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX SG 5887

X-TECH MAN 02-05-2018 08:18 PM

[QUOTE=voltdr;555217]
Quote:

To bad as the electronic and air operated throttle stops have killed the .90 classes for the spectator. Just take a look in the stands when they run today. In the beginning its was a bolt stop or adjustment with weight. The start and bog then start again is boring as hell ![/Q

What do you think would happen if the electronics were banned?
Dan

Much better racing and a better show for the spectator.

Maverick 02-06-2018 01:23 AM

Re: AHRA index racingf

So,. Is this AHRA bounty only listed for the west coast? I went to there web site, and really could not find info on this. I don't believe I am eligible, since I have a Lenco. But i might call tomorrow and ask. I can't believe they are going to pay 10k, really! There has to be a issue where no one is eligible

Maverick 02-06-2018 01:34 AM

Found the flyer, manual clutch engagement for every gear, that leaves me out!

voltdr 02-06-2018 03:42 PM

[QUOTE=X-TECH MAN;555245]
Quote:

Originally Posted by voltdr (Post 555217)

Much better racing and a better show for the spectator.

Maybe, but you would bankrupt all of the after market companies . That wouldn't be very good..........
Dan