CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   looking for photos, stockers (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=24249)

bluegrassx 03-05-2010 11:17 AM

looking for photos, stockers

I am researching photos for a upcoming "Racers Reunion". The following racers were either winners or runner up's at Division 3 races at Bluegrass Dragway. I would like to find photos of these racers.
1966 John Blackstock
1967James Hogan
1968Newt Thomas
1968 Bruce Wilkinson
1970 Jack Marks
Can anyone help on these racers?

ssracer3821 03-05-2010 12:32 PM

Re: looking for photos, stockers

By rare coincidence, Newt Thomas just happens to be my ex-husand. I just talked to him and he actually has a picture of himself leaning against his car at that race!! Only problem - you will have to wait until mid-April. Newt is in Phoenix and the picture is here in Ohio. I'll make sure you get it at that time. When is the reunion? Maybe he'd like to go! Do you want me to scan and e-mail or copy and mail. Let me know. Lisa Buckingham SS3821

bluegrassx 03-05-2010 01:58 PM

Hey Lisa, thanks for the response. Im trying to put together a DVD to show during the reunion in October.
It would be great to have that photo. All I have is the results from those events & names. No details as far as class or type car,etc.This is the info I have from the 1968 event: Stock
W: Newt Thomas RU: Bruce Wilkinson
scan or email either one will be fine.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssracer3821 (Post 173148)
By rare coincidence, Newt Thomas just happens to be my ex-husand. I just talked to him and he actually has a picture of himself leaning against his car at that race!! Only problem - you will have to wait until mid-April. Newt is in Phoenix and the picture is here in Ohio. I'll make sure you get it at that time. When is the reunion? Maybe he'd like to go! Do you want me to scan and e-mail or copy and mail. Let me know. Lisa Buckingham SS3821

ssracer3821 05-09-2010 12:56 PM

Hey - I have the picture of Newt Thomas leaning on his car. What email address would you like me to send it to? Thanks Lisa

Neutronbomb 07-23-2010 09:36 PM

Were any pics of Jack Marks Olds found?

I own the car. =)

bluegrassx 07-24-2010 08:18 PM

IM not familar with the car and what It looked like.
I have many unamed photos. Can you post a photo of the car?

FlyingW 07-26-2010 09:34 PM

I called Bruce " uncle" my dad built the motors in the Stage coach, of which has been restored to it's race condition. Dad has a picture of the car in action I am sure I can get it a copy

Jeremy Waibel
Driver of the K&N B/SA Camaro stk 2231