CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Gatornationals (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=71928)

Casey Miles 01-07-2019 09:04 PM

Gatornationals

How crazy is it that almost half the Stock Eliminator field (41%) with only grade 8 allowed to enter. I would guess that it will be full after when grade 7 opens up on the 9th.

Knowing that it takes grade points to get into certain races, it would be a little more fair that the local divisional racers get the first crack at the national events in their division. Looking at the entry stats, there is only 1 division 2 entry out of the 25 entries so far. I was a division 1 racer back a long time ago and at that time it wasn't very difficult to get the grade points needed to make any race, but by moving into D2, it's mileage nightmare. Not complaining, it is what it is, just sucks sitting out a race that is almost in my 300 mile backyard.

Casey Miles

248H Stock

Charley Downing 01-07-2019 11:41 PM

Re: Gatornationals

Or you could just go get grade points like all the other racers. Just because you live in a curtain div why should you get preferential treatment over other racers that spent time and money to earn grading pionts.

Mepprecht 01-08-2019 12:37 AM

i think its pretty insane that its this full at 8 grade points. it should definitely fill with 7 no problem... glad i went to 8 last year.... slowest class in so far lol.

Rich Biebel 01-08-2019 09:59 AM

In the distant past you had to attend at least one NHRA event just to be sent an entry for a National Event.

You sent that form in and waited to either be accepted or rejected...

I won a national event and the following year did not go to many or maybe any points races. My application was returned rejected.

Its their game.....always has been and nothing new.

With low car quotas, any popular race is gonna be filled quickly by those who have the event credits.....

JHeath 01-08-2019 10:08 AM

Nmca

X-TECH MAN 01-08-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey Miles (Post 579812)
How crazy is it that almost half the Stock Eliminator field (41%) with only grade 8 allowed to enter. I would guess that it will be full after when grade 7 opens up on the 9th.

Knowing that it takes grade points to get into certain races, it would be a little more fair that the local divisional racers get the first crack at the national events in their division. Looking at the entry stats, there is only 1 division 2 entry out of the 25 entries so far. I was a division 1 racer back a long time ago and at that time it wasn't very difficult to get the grade points needed to make any race, but by moving into D2, it's mileage nightmare. Not complaining, it is what it is, just sucks sitting out a race that is almost in my 300 mile backyard.

Casey Miles

248H Stock

Build or buy a street rod or muscle car . Its cheaper, a lot less work, and car shows are every week (sometimes 3 a week) and mostly no entry fees or grade points required. . The hot rod will hold its value or even go up in value. Just my opinion and you can meet great people who become life long friends. Best move I ever made since Stock turned into what it is now.

P.S. You already have one with exhaust.

Dave Turner 01-08-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN (Post 579852)
Build or buy a street rod or muscle car . Its cheaper, a lot less work, and car shows are every week (sometimes 3 a week) and mostly no entry fees or grade points required. . The hot rod will hold its value or even go up in value. Just my opinion and you can meet great people who become life long friends. Best move I ever made since Stock turned into what it is now.

Terry, I doubt that there are more than a handful of forum members with a desire to trade race weekends for the cruising circuit. The track has enough show cars to keep me happy. :D

Todd Hoven 01-08-2019 11:04 AM

Not sure you can compare the 2. I’ve been to a few car shows. Like watching paint dry. Unless you have never raced, then it might be fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN (Post 579852)

Nmbr1GMfan 01-08-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd Hoven (Post 579856)
Not sure you can compare the 2. I’ve been to a few car shows. Like watching paint dry. Unless you have never raced, then it might be fun.

Not hard to be #1 qualifier at the lawn chair nationals...

James Perrone 01-08-2019 02:02 PM

Casey maybe go win a “world championship”and then no grade points needed
Just saying