CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Why is NASCAR Dying ? Video ! (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=71613)

Dan Fahey 11-28-2018 02:42 PM

Why is NASCAR Dying ? Video !

Interesting Video that NHRA and other Associations should look at ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkaXjaXyod4

jmcarter 11-28-2018 04:20 PM

Re: Why is NASCAR Dying ? Video !

Understand how this relates to NHRA; their appeal to the "fictional casual race fan" is primarily oriented around going insane speeds, making lots of noise and interjecting some personalities in order to get them in the stands. By doing that the backbone of the sport and hard core fans suffer. NHRA's stated interest in helping with escalating costs is lip service, who in the heck ever let these cars get so fast and expensive anyway? The few well funded teams have sponsors that watch a sub-par TV presentation and ever declining attendance. You think they can put up with that business model forever? Think a kitty litter producer can keep up with escalating costs? Is nostalgia funny cars, gassers, no-prep and others less entertaining? Can you imagine the crowd response if they put some old modified eliminator cars out there for a exhibition?

NHRA is out of control, an out of touch leadership team that knows little to nothing about what made the sport great and it's remaining core of racers who continue in the Sportsman classes, only four of whom at most from each class are in the Sunday show.

Billy Nees 11-28-2018 04:34 PM

Mr. Carter, truer words were never spoken.

HR9121 11-28-2018 05:16 PM

Interesting video and I can only hope the powers that be at both organizations try to do what's right to keep the ship from sinking. I can remember not many years ago getting Bristol tickets were a prized possession, last time I went to the Bristol NASCAR race was in 2012, the place wasn't even half full on a perfect weather Saturday night.

Coleydog 11-28-2018 06:15 PM

Not sure if the vidio covered one point that I believe (I'm hard of hearing) but back in the day, we liked a certain driver because he was driving our brand! To much now on the driver, not the car. I'm still waiting for the accolades for Dodge the year Brad K and Penske won the championship, all NASCAR was pushing was about those two, not that it was the first time in decades for a Chrysler win.
Might as well watch go-carts.
Mike

X-TECH MAN 11-28-2018 06:20 PM

Didn't they just find out that Bill France Jr. is a drug addict ?

Superfan1 11-28-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcarter (Post 577700)
Understand how this relates to NHRA; their appeal to the "fictional casual race fan" is primarily oriented around going insane speeds, making lots of noise and interjecting some personalities in order to get them in the stands. By doing that the backbone of the sport and hard core fans suffer. NHRA's stated interest in helping with escalating costs is lip service, who in the heck ever let these cars get so fast and expensive anyway? The few well funded teams have sponsors that watch a sub-par TV presentation and ever declining attendance. You think they can put up with that business model forever? Think a kitty litter producer can keep up with escalating costs? Is nostalgia funny cars, gassers, no-prep and others less entertaining? Can you imagine the crowd response if they put some old modified eliminator cars out there for a exhibition?

NHRA is out of control, an out of touch leadership team that knows little to nothing about what made the sport great and it's remaining core of racers who continue in the Sportsman classes, only four of whom at most from each class are in the Sunday show.

Great post, Jim.

MR DERBY CITY 11-28-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 577703)
Interesting video and I can only hope the powers that be at both organizations try to do what's right to keep the ship from sinking. I can remember not many years ago getting Bristol tickets were a prized possession, last time I went to the Bristol NASCAR race was in 2012, the place wasn't even half full on a perfect weather Saturday night.

NHRA is the Titanic and the leaders don’t even realize they have hit an iceberg.

John Dinkel 11-28-2018 07:38 PM

None of the cars going around the track are even close to anything the auto companies build. They all look the same.

Alan Roehrich 11-28-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcarter (Post 577700)

Well said.

NHRA is abandoning the hard core old school fan for the casual fan mentioned above, just as NASCAR did, and truck/tractor pulling before.