CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What do you use to clean the underside of your race car? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=78650)

dean ribeiro 02-21-2021 07:53 PM

What do you use to clean the underside of your race car?

Looking for suggestions on what you are using to clean the grime off the bottom/undercarriage of your race car? Looking for something that works well without damaging the paint.

MR DERBY CITY 02-21-2021 07:56 PM

Re: What do you use to clean the underside of your race car?

I use wax and grease remover which can be bought at any paint and body shop supply store. It also removes rubber on rear quarter panels ......

Keith 944 02-21-2021 08:05 PM

Believe it or not wd-40 works pretty well and won’t damage anything

Roy Kinslow 02-21-2021 08:11 PM

Simple green is pretty good and fairly safe, nice smell too.

Greg Barsamian 02-21-2021 08:21 PM

LA Awesome at the Dollar Store

Henrys Toy 02-21-2021 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith 944 (Post 634962)

I have had good success with WD40 and it will lube the Heim Joints as well.
I also have had good success with the Purple Clean from most Auto Parts stores and Hardware stores. I've safely used it on Alum. parts but once the area is clean rinse with alot of water. It might dull polished Alum. surfaces, just be fore warned, but it'll be clean.

Tom Goldman 02-22-2021 01:31 PM

WD-40 is the best . most cleaners like Simple Green , or similar products can permanently stain or damage paint, aluminum steel ,especially if sprayed on a dry ,non water wetted surface.
WD-40 is the best thing I've found to remove carbon soot behind the headers and rubber from the tubs and body. every thing else will come off with good automotive soap and water .
Zep makes Blue Marvel an excellent heavy duty truck wash soap , I use it for everything.

Jim Bailey 02-22-2021 01:49 PM

I use a product called "Bike Brite". Get it at your local Motorcycle shop or Amazon.

John Kissel 02-22-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith 944 (Post 634962)

Use old socks, the thicker the better, helps wiping down in tight spots

dean ribeiro 02-23-2021 06:30 PM

Thank You!

Thank You everyone for the suggestions/replies!

A special shoutout and THANK YOU to Jimmy Defrank of California Car Cover Co. he saw my question and sent me a note stating that he is sending me what he uses and hopes I like them as much as he does. Just when many manufacturers have forgotten about the racers that support their businesses, It is great to see an act like this! No reason to guess where I will be purchasing my "fluff & buff" supplies. I have always utilized California Car Cover's Dust Buster and unsurpassed, car covers to protect my toys.