CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Live from New England Dragway,Epping,NH-NHRA LucasOil Series (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=34818)

Jack Matyas 07-21-2011 05:09 PM

Live from New England Dragway,Epping,NH-NHRA LucasOil Series

9 Attachment(s)
Its about time-Ive been trying to post this all afternoon with no luck - Internet service here stinks - anyway , after a short 356 mile ride here today - just kidding - we here in D1 are spoiled - anything more than two hours we pack a lunch - but after nine ( count 'em 9 ) hours on the road I was ready for Larry's Clam Bar for sure .And I wasn't dissapointed - if you're coming up don't miss this place on rt125 north. The scallops I had along with the fried clams were super tender .

Since I haven't been here in more than twenty years nothing looks the same - but in a good way .Many ,many inprovements here for sure .

Test n tune is going on and will be till 8pm but I don't think any big numbers will come out as its very hot and a stiff headwind .Why waste 50 bucks .

Thanks to my friends Al Mark and Mark Markow I was directed to a great pit spot near the staging lanes .

And oh darn - I forgot to get a receipt from Larry's for lunch - maybe tomorrow - Kenny's got a great expense plan but you have to follow the rules ...........later.

PS- Coppers knew we were coming and put out the welcome wagon .

danny waters sr 07-21-2011 05:20 PM

Re: LivefromNewEnglandDragway,Epping,NH-NHRA LucasOil Series

Jack, You get in bad traffic everytime you go to a race......
The plate of seafood looks GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!
Good Luck to all this weekend.
I'm gonna stay home and try to repo some cars so i can go racing soon as it cools off.....

davidhuff 07-21-2011 08:49 PM

Re: Live from New England Dragway,Epping,NH-NHRA LucasOil Se

Wow,the food looks great and you guys have a great time.

Doug Blackley 07-21-2011 09:49 PM

Geez Jack we never hit traffic on 84...hmmm I see a trend. LOL j/k, hope you're still there Sunday so we can stop by and say hi.

Lew Silverman 07-21-2011 10:46 PM

Jack, the food looks just delicious! Who says getting there is half the fun?

I've been following the T&T on 1320go. Did Vic Guilmino really go 8 seconds in his D/SA?? I've heard that NED is fast but.................:)

Stay cool and drink plenty of fluids!

Lew

Jack Matyas 07-22-2011 06:30 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Good morning - and welcome to another stinker here at New England Dragway ( that sounds worse than it is ) its barely 7am and already it over 80 degrees with 75 % humidity but get this with a semi-decent barometer of 29.55 and a final DA of 2720 - by noon we'll think were in Columbus or God forbid - Denver ! ! !

They were coming in last night till they stopped selling passes at 8pm and we've got a pretty good crowd of racers already .Not many parties last evening as the only noise heard was the running of generators and air conditioners .Even the TV last night was terrible - seems they have plenty of Public Television in New Hampshire and little else - guess that should be reason enough for me to repair my dish that I've been putting off.

The Sun is up and bright and in a few hours it'll be track time finally ..........and ClassRacer is here for you .

Mike Brogniez 07-22-2011 07:09 AM

Looking forward for the live reports Jack, a dip in the ocean is only 20 mins away if it gets too hot......
MB

Jack Matyas 07-22-2011 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Brogniez (Post 270557)
Looking forward for the live reports Jack, a dip in the ocean is only 20 mins away if it gets too hot......
MB

That sounds great - now all I need is a ride ..........Hmmmmmmmmm .Gotta work on that for later this afternoon .Wonder if I could sneak a taxi receipt into my expense report .

dartman 07-22-2011 07:49 AM

live web cam from the tower as 8.18 est

http://www.newenglanddragway.com/htm...p?dest=webcast

they turn it off

Bob Bender 07-22-2011 08:22 AM

Jack please keep the great reporting up cant make it again............Tell Phil save me a little of that sea food.........................lol