CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Statues, confederate flag and MORE (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=76465)

MR DERBY CITY 06-13-2020 08:55 AM

Statues, confederate flag and MORE

.....just curious, when THEY come for THE FLAG (the one with the STARS and STRIPES) and The NATIONAL ANTHEM ....what are WE going to do? asking for a friend ,who is black AND defended this GREAT COUNTRY....

Randy Wells 06-13-2020 10:00 AM

Re: Statues, confederate flag and MORE

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY (Post 616607)
.....just curious, when THEY come for THE FLAG (the one with the STARS and STRIPES) and The NATIONAL ANTHEM ....what are WE going to do? asking for a friend ,who is black AND defended this GREAT COUNTRY....

For me, it looks like Sundays are going be a good time to mow the yard, work on projects, go to the range, go fishing, and of course church. But no more NASCAR, or NFL, I am done with this nonsense.

Randy

Superfan1 06-13-2020 01:12 PM

I am black and I defended this great country for 4 years during the Vietnam War era; but I, and most black people, find the Confederate flag offensive. It is a symbol of racism, plain and simple.

MR DERBY CITY 06-13-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfan1 (Post 616619)
I am black and I defended this great country for 4 years during the Vietnam War era; but I, and most black people, find the Confederate flag offensive. It is a symbol of racism, plain and simple.

Bill, THANK YOU and all the veterans for your service. I understand your feelings towards the confederate flag. I am talking about our CURRENT flag,.the one with the Stars and Stripes.....

Stan Weiss 06-13-2020 02:04 PM

Not sure what you mean by CURRENT. Hasn't the flag been this way (with Stars and Stripes) for well over 200 year, since Betsy Ross sewed it all together? I mean that is what I was told many years ago when they took us to visit Betsy Ross's house from school.

Stan

jmcarter 06-13-2020 02:31 PM

MJ, that’s a tough one. I was opposed to the Kapernick actions initially and still cringe when the flag is disrespected but no more so than idiots who don’t even remove their hats. At some point peaceful social protest is almost mandatory, some things need to change.

MR DERBY CITY 06-13-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan Weiss (Post 616622)
Not sure what you mean by CURRENT. Hasn't the flag been this way (with Stars and Stripes) for well over 200 year, since Betsy Ross sewed it all together? I mean that is what I was told many years ago when they took us to visit Betsy Ross's house from school.

Stan

Uh. , The flag that I pledge my allegiance to. I can’t make it any simpler than that....Not quite sure there were 50 states when Betsy sewed her first flag.

TommyPettigrew3076 06-14-2020 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfan1 (Post 616619)

The Confederate flag never has stood for racism it was merely the flag of the confederacy plain and simple . People act like that flag was made purposely to offend and represent racism this is CLEARLY false. I was not born or raised in the south I am just stating a historical fact . You cannot expect to take history away from people or places because at one time a person or group took something and used it and this so called group claimed it as a representation of that said group. Growing up I never had white or black or Mexican friends. I just had FRIENDS no color was ever involved we are taught racism black or white .

Billy Nees 06-14-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyPettigrew3076 (Post 616651)
You cannot expect to take history away from people or places because at one time a person or group took something and used it and this so called group claimed it as a representation of that said group.

Sure you can! This is the 21ST Century. Haven't you heard of "Revisionist History"? Abraham Lincoln is a democrat now and all of those southern democratic slaveholders really weren't.

Grey Ghost 06-14-2020 08:13 AM

Mount Rushmore next to come down? Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and the good Roosevelt. No democrats carvered into the granite there...I'm sure it offends somebody.