CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   A/SA camaro resto (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=62796)

PozQB14 07-05-2016 09:22 AM

A/SA camaro resto

3 Attachment(s)
Every race car has a history, no matter how long or short. The history with this 69 camaro dates back before I was even born. My father owned this car along with many other first gen camaros, even a yenko (unknowingly) back in the 70's, ask him about that car and you'll be in for a ride. But this particular camaro is the one that lasted in the family. It's the car that I personally learned to drag race with. Started out with a very mild 396/325 but hurt the transmission a week before the empire nationals in 2002. For the following week we thrashed on this car in the driveway (thank you mother nature for cooperating). We put in a small block, new trans, new front suspension, and even a paint job!!! Finally made it to the last qualifying pass but we were 10 min to late and the .90 cars were already in staging. We bracket raced the car for another year then off to college I went and the car has sat ever since, with a big block in it. Now, present day, it's finally time to bring her back to life and give her the attention she deserves. The 427/425 engine will be getting freshened up over the summer and over the next someodd months it's going to be all body work and re-doing the interior and adding a full cage. I'll do my best to keep this page posted. My father is a grass roots old school guy, so this won't be a fancy bells and whistles type of build. But it will be a fun one for sure.

Dave Muller 07-05-2016 12:14 PM

Re: A/SA camaro resto

Oh, this should be awesome!

HandOverFist 07-05-2016 01:12 PM

I'm in for refurbishing old rides like this...good luck!

PozQB14 07-08-2016 08:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Seats look pretty nice for being close to 50 yrs old, cage has been in the car for about 30 years so thats getting cut out within the next week or 2 and getting a full cage. Floor boards are near perfect as is the bottom of the car. Keeping it safe against the harsh NY elements has really paid off.

Ed Carpenter 09-04-2016 02:54 PM

Any new info? Nice project

jims5600 09-04-2016 05:35 PM

This will be nice to follow along,nice car for sure

PozQB14 09-14-2016 03:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Fought the urge to just add to the existing 8 pt roll cage, buts it's been there for close to 30 years. So it had to get cut out. Brand new S&W 10 pt full cage will be going in hopefully in a week or 2 then it's pretty straight forward with the interior.

PozQB14 10-11-2016 09:36 AM

4 Attachment(s)
So she is in rough shape cosmetically with regards to the quarter panels but we should be able to smooth them out with some metal work. The 15 year old paint job doesn't want to come off easy but it doesn't have a choice.

Cage is fitted and welded in, will do the side bars once we have the seats fitted.

She is a slow project due to my brother and I both having race cars that need fixing or improving as we continue to work towards being fast and consistent. Still hope to the 69 on the track before years end. Engine is pretty much done except for a few odds and ends

PozQB14 10-13-2016 01:36 PM

Well under all the paint and large amounts of bondo, we found what we were looking for, a 1969 Camaro!!!! haha. Body work will start next week. hopefully shooting it before the end of the month. Stay tuned.

PozQB14 10-24-2016 09:57 AM

5 Attachment(s)
My brother is doing his best chip foose impression. We've watched to many DIY car shows. Laid down an epoxy primer so any bondo we use will adhere better. She's coming along better than expected. We have new doors so we didn't mess with the ones that are on it.