CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Stocker carb, removing choke plate ok ? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=73495)

GallopinGhost 07-02-2019 06:15 PM

Stocker carb, removing choke plate ok ?

I don't see anything in the rule book on this, but in the accepted products document there's a section called carb notes, and it says it's ok. Although the way the documents reads, it's not super clear what it applies to.

Cdncarnut 07-02-2019 07:07 PM

Re: Stocker carb, removing choke plate ok ?

The choke plate has to stay, but can be open and inoperative.

Dwight Southerland 07-02-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GallopinGhost (Post 591655)
I don't see anything in the rule book on this, but in the accepted products document there's a section called carb notes, and it says it's ok. Although the way the documents reads, it's not super clear what it applies to.

Carb notes apply to carburetors used in Comp and SS/Modified, not regular Super Stock or Stock.

GallopinGhost 07-02-2019 09:12 PM

page 62 does mention Stock, SS, etc. But the context is replacement carbs, so probably doesn't include alternate carbs..........

e vassar 07-02-2019 10:50 PM

Take it off and put it back on if they tell you to.

Crew Chief 07-03-2019 12:19 AM

Just be sure you keep the choke plate and shaft in the tool box in your trailer because you will have to put it back on someday.

GallopinGhost 07-03-2019 07:27 AM

10-4

Bob Mulry 07-03-2019 12:12 PM

In tear down, if I was a Tech guy and found a car running without the choke plate, my recommendation would be for a 1 year suspension due to an intentional violation of the rules.

Mark Yacavone 07-03-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e vassar (Post 591669)
Take it off and put it back on if they tell you to.

I doubt if found during a spot check after winning a 3rd round heads-up, that they would allow you to put it back on.
As Bob said,...maybe in a year or so.

GallopinGhost 07-03-2019 02:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So I get where the rule book does not allow removing the choke. The reason I started this thread is because it looks to me if you are allowed a "replacement" carb, i.e. edelbrock, or quickfuel, which seems to be legal in stock, it spells out in the carb notes what mods you can do, and that includes removing the choke. That doesn't make sense to me, but that is what I see. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.