CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   All Star Racing Association (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   STK/SS Combo @ Oxford Dragway May 16 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=17182)

George Mirza 04-19-2009 07:25 PM

STK/SS Combo @ Oxford Dragway May 16

Don Fardie is putting the finishing touches on a stock/SS combo race on May16th at Oxford Dragway in Oxford Plains Maine. This is an IHRA 1/8 mile track, for more info check out Oxforddragway.com. Gates open around noon - 1 pm with TT at 3pm and eliminations starting around 5pm. Once we have the entry fee finalized and some sort of payout I'll post it.

This date is the day before our first ASRA race of 2009 at New England Dragway. Oxford Plains is about 100 miles north of Epping. There is no ASRA points or payout associated with this even, this is to promote stock and SS racing in Southern Maine and to have some fun!

Hopefully we can get 20-25 cars together for a fun day of 1/8 mile racing.

Rice371 04-29-2009 11:00 AM

Re: STK/SS Combo @ Oxford Dragway May 16

I belong to the Central Mass Drag Racers and we go to Oxford Plains twice a year, and what an awesome time we have there. The people in Maine are awesome also, great people to race with.

Ronnie Scott 04-30-2009 06:19 PM

Maine is great place to race.
Don is there a gt class for a 27 t roadster.
SS car still apart

George Mirza 04-30-2009 07:57 PM

Sorry Ronnie no roadsters. Better get that SS car back together only a few weeks to go.

George

Ronnie Scott 05-01-2009 01:14 PM

We are working on it,
Good luck in Maine, real nice people up their.

Billy Harper 05-17-2009 04:52 PM

any info on who won. and how the turn out was .

Don Fardie 05-17-2009 07:45 PM

Before I get into the race results I would like to thank Oxford Dragway once again for their outstanding hospitality. The entire Oxford Dragway staff did an outstanding job to meet everyone’s needs and provided us with a great track under some tough situations. It was also nice to see the Welcome ASRA Racers on both their Website and the sign out front of the track.
A total of 12 Stockers showed up and it if it wasn’t for Mother Nature stepping in it would have been a perfect day. We were all given 2 time trials and then right into Round 1 eliminations. Unfortunately that was as far as we got. The rains came in right at the end of our round and they had to pull the plug.
I want to thank all the racers that were able to attend. This is a great place to race and some of the best dedicated track managment that is there for the racers. I know the forecast for the New England’s race on Sunday didn’t help us with our numbers, but this is something I would like to continue when it is available based off our singles at New England.
It was great to see everyone and it is always good to see the gang from Canada. Hope to see you all in June at the double we have at NED 6/6-6/7

Patrick Kelliher 05-18-2009 09:45 AM

One note about the Oxford concession stand, good low priced chili + closed camper = bad news.

Don Fardie 05-18-2009 10:24 AM

Yea when my wife heard them make the announcement on how good the new chili was she looked at me an said Don't even think about it!!! What a Party Pooper !!!!! She missed out on some good tunes.

mat H/SA 05-19-2009 05:55 AM

Don it was good to see all of you, winter is too long !!, too bad they cancelled at epping, we had sunshine all the way up north,

see you in june !