CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Header coatings (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68700)

BTR69 01-12-2018 11:16 PM

Header coatings

Good evening. Finally getting to the point of working on our car to get back in shape for racing again. Looking for advice on header coatings. Have an older set of Hookers that have the typical rusty appearance. Hoping for something that will stay looking good over a long period of time. Just checked on Nitroplate and it appears they don't take small jobs from little guys like us anymore. Have used Jet-Hot many years ago and had bad results with theirs flaking badly after about a year. Any suggestions? Thanks...

Alan Roehrich 01-13-2018 12:21 AM

Re: Header coatings

M&R in Kodak TN.

lynn engels 01-13-2018 12:24 AM

whats happening with micheals car?

Crisco 01-13-2018 10:08 AM

William, give the guys at M&R 865-933-1478. They have a quality product, will stand behind their product and are racers. They are a small company and do not take credit cards (the last time I used them at least) and they will ask you to mail a check after they are finished with them.

Tom Goldman 01-13-2018 10:13 AM

A little out of your area , but Central Connecticut Coatings does an excellent job .
I have some headers out there that are 5-7years old and are in great condition .
My experience with their work has been excellent.

LethalRat 01-13-2018 10:21 AM

Jb Powder Coaters Inc
204 Sterner Mill Rd Ste 1, Feasterville Trevose, PA 19053

(215) 322-6291

Been doing my stuff and it is awesome.

BTR69 01-13-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn engels (Post 553639)
whats happening with micheals car?

Lynn, I've had the Superstocker in storage since Mike passed. Had planned to have it out last year, but life keeps throwing curveballs our way. Hope to get it to a friend of ours that Mike was working with, when he was able to drive it, to go over it and help me get it back on track this year. I'm sure just from sitting in storage for this long, there's plenty that needs attention. If we can keep everyone in the family healthy and upright, I should be able to handle that.

The headers I need done are for a small block 68 Camaro to bracket race & cruise on the street once/twice month.

BTR69 01-13-2018 11:24 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I'll be making some phone calls to check them out in the next week.

Alan Roehrich 01-13-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTR69 (Post 553661)
Thanks for the input guys. I'll be making some phone calls to check them out in the next week.

Do not hesitate to call Jimmy Bridges, or me, if you need help. Jimmy and I were just talking about Michael and the car last week, when we were looking at some heads, and what we were going to do this year.

BTR69 01-13-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich (Post 553663)
Do not hesitate to call Jimmy Bridges, or me, if you need help. Jimmy and I were just talking about Michael and the car last week, when we were looking at some heads, and what we were going to do this year.

Thanks Alan. Once I can put time into the superstocker I expect I'll be calling on ya'll. I have the heads Jimmy worked on for Mike sitting next to the car. Don't know much about them though. Unfortunately Mike never got the opportunity to put them to use.