CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What's the cost of each hit ? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68691)

S/ST J718 01-12-2018 12:02 PM

What's the cost of each hit ?

Maybe this has been address before , but me being new here I was wondering about this. Don't add the cost of car, tow vehicle or trailer. But do add maintenance, entry fees, certs, tires , fuel for car and rig . I was amazed when I did this, 120 hit's last year spending $34.00 for each run. WOW ....
And I'm a low budget 10 second car.... Maybe you really don't want to think about this....LOL

dartman 01-12-2018 12:15 PM

Re: What's the cost of each hit ?

If I knew that,I probably quit racing

FireSale 01-12-2018 01:20 PM

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm working on a head upgrade to break into SS. Don't ask if I worry about cost per pass.

Drag racing is like burning $100 bills but more expensive.

How do you make a million dollars drag racing? Start with 3 million...

Mike Pearson 01-12-2018 02:15 PM

If nothing breaks I figure about $200 per pass for race fuel, tires, Diesel fuel to the race track, generator fuel, entry fee. Figure another $50 per run to keep the engine fresh. That's all out the window if you hurt the engine bad.

HR9121 01-12-2018 02:26 PM

I would never put a pen to paper on this subject for fear my wife would find it......

Jim Kaekel 01-12-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 553583)
I would never put a pen to paper on this subject for fear my wife would find it......

Good one!!!! I actually had a good friend that started keeping track of his racing budget for tax purposes. The first year he did that, he saw how much money he was actually spending and wound up quitting.

Bill Grubbs 01-12-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 553583)

Funny, my wife does not seem to mind knowing the cost. However, we both try to keep the cost down wherever we can..

Rusty2211 01-12-2018 04:18 PM

Bill, just be thankful you guys don't drink a lot of beer at the races. That runs the cost up.

Mike Pearson 01-12-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Grubbs (Post 553600)
Funny, my wife does not seem to mind knowing the cost. However, we both try to keep the cost down wherever we can..

I am extremely lucky there too. My wife loves to go racing with me and has no problem with what I spend.

HR9121 01-12-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Grubbs (Post 553600)

Mr Bill you have the best of both worlds as far as this is concerned! My wife enjoys going to when she can and I don't think she is oblivious to what I spend, she just don't see it all lol!