CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   S/SS races in Hagerstown November 2-3 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=74441)

Mike Carr 10-10-2019 12:49 PM

S/SS races in Hagerstown November 2-3

Hello all. I am letting everyone know the Stock/Super Stock races will be held at Mason-Dixon Dragway on November 2-3. I am planning on going, but my Mother and I will be unable to do the races as in the past, due to health reasons. If anybody would like to take over and do the races, let me know. I would be able to give advice if I am there. Please let me know if you are interested. Thank you. I hope to see you all at Hagerstown, for what will probably be the last ever race I go to

Dave Turner 10-10-2019 09:54 PM

Re: S/SS races in Hagerstown November 2-3

Mike, I will be there if the weather behaves. A great way to put a lid on 2019 and hang out with some terrific company!! :D

Mike Carr 10-11-2019 01:22 PM

This will be my twenty-fifth consecutive year going to this race. The weather has been a bit chilly some years (low forties), other years it has been near eighty degrees. And only two rainouts (1997 and 2017). As long as it is sunny and dry, I will be okay with that.

BILL TAYLOR 10-12-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Carr (Post 599584)
This will be my twenty-fifth consecutive year going to this race. The weather has been a bit chilly some years (low forties), other years it has been near eighty degrees. And only two rainouts (1997 and 2017). As long as it is sunny and dry, I will be okay with that.

Mike, Looking forward to seeing you and Mom. I see no one has stepped up to run things. I thought Vic said he would if necessary. If not , will Elmer run things or how will things work? Bill Taylor.

Mike Carr 10-12-2019 08:29 PM

I have a guy who is going to run the races. He started The Tri-State S/SS Association in 1997, and I took it over in 1999.

Mike Carr 10-13-2019 03:59 PM

Any questions feel free to call me(724) 510-5912

Dan Fahey 10-13-2019 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BILL TAYLOR (Post 599664)
Mike, Looking forward to seeing you and Mom. I see no one has stepped up to run things. I thought Vic said he would if necessary. If not , will Elmer run things or how will things work? Bill Taylor.

Be willing to help too!
FWIW. I help organize races for ECIRS.

D

Mike Bassin 10-16-2019 12:30 PM

Just was in contact with Elmer, we will follow the Stock / Super Stock races on Nov. 2 and 3 as it has been done in the past. Gamblers race Saturday and the main event on Sunday. All of us at Mason Dixon love the class racing that we host every November, a fun and great race. We look forward to seeing all of the class racers and Mike Carr and his mom in a couple weeks.

Mike Bassin, track announcer, Mason Dixon Dragway

Mike Carr 10-17-2019 01:01 PM

The Saturday race will be $50 entry and Sunday will be $100 entry

Mike Carr 10-17-2019 02:55 PM

If anyone would like to be involved with the race financially, let me know. Money into the purse(s),best reaction time, etc. I would like if it be something that everyone had a chance at. I will post my annual Long Distance Tow award of fifty dollars ($50),so write down your mileage. Thank you