CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Larry Morgan quitting Pro Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=55089)

jmcarter 09-29-2014 01:09 PM

Larry Morgan quitting Pro Stock

Interesting article, nothing really surprising but if Morgan and others (McGaha hasn't exactly had a great year with Edwards operation, Jeggie itching to do something else? Just how long is Roy Johnson willing to keep doing this or Ken Black keep footing a big part of the Summit team?) bail and you start having 10 car fields then something has to change. There were 29 Pro Mod cars attempting to qualify at St Louis and they are getting more and more ink. The FSS cars are getting a lot of support...surely the end of PS is near. Dang shame NHRA hasn't kept the rules such that it remained viable.

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-...-pro-stock-too

FireSale 09-29-2014 02:11 PM

Re: Larry Morgan quitting Pro Stock

I'd like to see Pro Stock run with Pro Mod. Maybe a naturally aspirated ProMod class with any size engine, same make as body, working doors? Erica Enders head to head with Ricky Smith?

The only competition in Pro Stock anymore is between the big money Camaro teams and that 's not fun to watch. Leaving PS is the best way Larry Morgan can field a competitive Ford. Maybe run something in Super Stock a .90 class or Comp Elim.

Dale

randy wilson 09-29-2014 02:32 PM

If they truly did away with pro stock, the last 2 or 3 multi millionaire teams would own NHRA. Remember pro stock truck? It will have to completely die on its own.

Ed Wright 09-29-2014 02:40 PM

Ricky Smith tried to run Pro Stock. Didn't set the world on fire.
McGaha bought Mike's stuff, then proceeded to "fix" everything. Even said, in an interview, they "threw Edward's log books in the trash barrel."
He might want to find that trash barrel. LOL

randy wilson 09-29-2014 03:24 PM

Goes back to the old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it." Ya, I figured he'd been more of a factor this year. Was hoping he would.

NHRAFAN156 09-29-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randy wilson (Post 447820)
If they truly did away with pro stock, the last 2 or 3 multi millionaire teams would own NHRA. Remember pro stock truck? It will have to completely die on its own.

That's what the NHRA is trying to do. They are doing nothing to try and help the class. Poor TV coverage. They want it to die so they're can't be a law suit.

Pvt Parts 09-29-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Wright (Post 447822)
Ricky Smith tried to run Pro Stock. Didn't set the world on fire.
McGaha bought Mike's stuff, then proceeded to "fix" everything. Even said, in an interview, they "threw Edward's log books in the trash barrel."
He might want to find that trash barrel. LOL

That happens alot. That's what the clowns did with my "old" Olds Cutlass, an Ex Larry Kopp car. I won 3 of the last 5 races I ran with that car.... then they "fixed" all the things that were wrong with it.

600ci 09-29-2014 08:11 PM

pro stock unlimited cubic inch

pro mod replace"s top fuel

take the body's off the funny cars and call it unlimited altered

late model SS ultra / stock

etc................

just my 2 cents (oh i for got dump top fuel)

blkjack 09-29-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pvt Parts (Post 447865)
... then they "fixed" all the things that were wrong with it.

you mean they took the thermal wrap off the headers?:D

Mark Ugrich 09-29-2014 09:17 PM

[QUOTE=600ci;447866]pro stock unlimited cubic inch [QUOTE]

I doubt you'll see it, but I think this would bring in more competitors and level the playing field.Pro Stock is a cool deal,I'd hate to see it go away.