CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Schubek Lifters (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=21865)

Bob Gullett 11-19-2009 07:48 PM

Schubek Lifters

Sean Marconette 11-19-2009 09:31 PM

Re: Schubek Lifters

Daryl Wikle is a rep for Smith. He provided mine two months ago. His number is 316-942-9500

Sean

GTX JOHN 11-20-2009 12:56 AM

Smith Machine out of Cedar City, Utah now is the builder of these lifters. My understanding is he is the old shop foreman when they were in vegas. Better buy a bunch because the quality control is even worse than before......First set two broken plungers and one bottom that came loose in first set I bought in first five runs!!!

Jeff Lee 11-20-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTX JOHN (Post 152281)
Smith Machine out of Cedar City, Utah now is the builder of these lifters. My understanding is he is the old shop foreman when they were in vegas. Better buy a bunch because the quality control is even worse than before......First set two broken plungers and one bottom that came loose in first set I bought in first five runs!!!

Your lucky you found the problem before it got real serious. I can attest to the damages when one of the pucks do come off. :mad:

Casey Miles 11-20-2009 11:50 AM

Two engines, never put them in my car again! Use the steel billet or the ones with EDM and ramp up the spring pressure.
Casey Miles
248H

Glenn Briglio 11-20-2009 01:33 PM

So have you had problems with the Schubeck or the Smith lifters?

Casey Miles 11-20-2009 03:38 PM

I had Schubeck and I'm not say that they aren't a good product,but I still wouldn't take a chance on anything like them any longer. If you even chip one, get ready to take the motor out , buy new pistons and also reboring the block. Never mind all the other small parts you have to replace. (oil pump, camshaft, bearings, and on and on.)
Casey Miles
248H

X-TECH MAN 11-20-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey Miles (Post 152365)
I had Schubeck and I'm not say that they aren't a good product,but I still wouldn't take a chance on anything like them any longer. If you even chip one, get ready to take the motor out , buy new pistons and also reboring the block. Never mind all the other small parts you have to replace. (oil pump, camshaft, bearings, and on and on.)
Casey Miles
248H

I know its beating a dead horse but if the valve spring rule had never been changed to any pressure the lifter problem and cost would not be there. NHRA should have just gone ot a standard pressure across the board for all models and brands of engines that would allow equal performance for everyone without the expense of using something like a Shubeck type lifter...... something around 150 lbs on the seat and 350 lbs open and these hi RPM shift points would go away (more savings) . Oh well then they would have to check valve spring pressures at tear down again. To much work I guess.

Mark Yacavone 11-20-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN (Post 152371)
I know its beating a dead horse but if the valve spring rule had never been changed to any pressure the lifter problem and cost would not be there. NHRA should have just gone ot a standard pressure across the board for all models and brands of engines that would allow equal performance for everyone without the expense of using something like a Shubeck type lifter...... something around 150 lbs on the seat and 350 lbs open and these hi RPM shift points would go away (more savings) . Oh well then they would have to check valve spring pressures at tear down again. To much work I guess.

Yep ,Terry. Then you wouldn't need weldments added to the pushrod cup on OEM type rockers, only on certain brands.

X-TECH MAN 11-20-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone (Post 152378)
Yep ,Terry. Then you wouldn't need weldments added to the pushrod cup on OEM type rockers, only on certain brands.

So what we have is another Super Stock class with a tire size limit and spec cam lift. The heads are "almost" the same....lol.