CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Donate to the NHRA Museum? Really? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=71786)

MikeMoller 12-21-2018 06:12 PM

Donate to the NHRA Museum? Really?

Can't believe NHRA sent me an email asking to donate to the NHRA museum, and telling me it is tax deductible! Here is a plan: give the higher ups a salary cut and use it for the museum!!! Wally has got to be rolling over in his grave!

Carguy49 12-21-2018 06:34 PM

Re: Donate to the NHRA Museum? Really?

I guess it kinda depends on how it was worded. Maybe they really need some help. Good luck having the higher ups coughing up any of their money.

Keith 944 12-21-2018 06:50 PM

Yeah, I laughed when I saw that. Then I quickly deleted it. Almost as bad as go fund me.

Randall Klein 12-21-2018 07:20 PM

Had to laugh....talk about chutzpah
On reflection, I’m taping a $1 bill to request, probably take $20 in employee time to untape, record & deposit
Gotta have fun with stupid

MikeMoller 12-21-2018 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall Klein (Post 578852)
Had to laugh....talk about chutzpah
On reflection, I’m taping a $1 bill to request, probably take $20 in employee time to untape, record & deposit
Gotta have fun with stupid

I LIKE IT! Should have sent a roll of pennies!

Terry Friar 12-21-2018 07:26 PM

This is a new low from NHRA.

rognelson777 12-21-2018 07:40 PM

Really, you guys are what is wrong with this country, lashing out about a email asking you to donate. come on

bubski 12-21-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rognelson777 (Post 578856)
Really, you guys are what is wrong with this country, lashing out about a email asking you to donate. come on

Really ??? Maybe we should donate to the Bill Gates home improvement fund !! Or to the Don Schumacher FS fund ??

Billy Nees 12-21-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubski (Post 578857)
Really ??? Maybe we should donate to the Bill Gates home improvement fund !! Or to the Don Schumacher FS fund ??

or maybe send a few thousand e-mails to Graham Light who just joined the museum B-o-D and ask him to donate his salary to us?

CMcAllister 12-21-2018 08:24 PM

Seems like every few weeks there's a new person or two in a new marketing, business development or media position listed in the front of Dragster. No doubt with a decent compensation package.

When was the last time purses were increased for sportsman classes at divisionals or national events?