CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Coyote blueprint specs changed (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=73457)

kdanner 06-26-2019 10:38 PM

Coyote blueprint specs changed

So what's the dirt on whatever triggered this? Changes to the head casting numbers for 11-14 cars.

MPR 06-27-2019 10:03 AM

Re: Coyote blueprint specs changed

There's plenty of dirt! Keep asking, it will be interesting to see if you get any response from anyone. I think this should interest every Stock/Super Stock racer but it has quietly slipped thru the cracks.

Ralph A Powell 06-27-2019 11:33 AM

A superseded replacement?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPR (Post 591405)
There's plenty of dirt! Keep asking, it will be interesting to see if you get any response from anyone. I think this should interest every Stock/Super Stock racer but it has quietly slipped thru the cracks.

Whalen3186 06-27-2019 03:38 PM

It seems like this combination has drawn some attention since it went -1.20 and got instant hp at a D1 race last month. Maybe Mr. Carson or his spokesperson, JDM, can shed some light on the topic?

Mike Fuller 06-27-2019 03:41 PM

It just got another 5 HP today

kdanner 06-27-2019 05:42 PM

I can only guess, but my best guess when I initially read this was that someone had entered as a 2014 but actually used heads with at least one of the differences in the 13 head which are:

1. CNC ports/chamber
2. Larger exhaust valve

Am I getting warm?

MPR 06-27-2019 05:59 PM

I can tell you you're warming up but it's much deeper than that! If NHRA racers had any idea they would all have a fit. Issues like this should never be ignored no matter what brand you race. These oversights erode the foundation class racing is built on! Keep digging and maybe someone will give you a reasonable explanation but I doubt you'll get one from the tech dept.

jamie2370 06-27-2019 06:29 PM

Its called running heads that didn't come on a certain combo from the factory. Bigger valves, cnc chambers and runners, having pistons custom made to not hit the head... because it didn't come on a 5.0 coyote motor. But somehow it got approved by higher ups. Then gets the combo hit with a 1.20 under with what should be an illegal engine combo. That's all I'm gonna say about it but believe me, there is a lot more to this certain story.

kdanner 06-27-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie2370 (Post 591446)
Its called running heads that didn't come on a certain combo from the factory. Bigger valves, cnc chambers and runners, having pistons custom made to not hit the head... because it didn't come on a 5.0 coyote motor. But somehow it got approved by higher ups. Then gets the combo hit with a 1.20 under with what should be an illegal engine combo. That's all I'm gonna say about it but believe me, there is a lot more to this certain story.

How interesting. I don't even know who you are, but that is exactly the same story I have heard somewhere else, and it was concerning exactly the car which I suspected it was.

I didn't know any stocker was allowed carbon doors either, but evidently I was wrong...

MR DERBY CITY 06-27-2019 07:37 PM

Damn, sounds like someone has been poking the bear ......