CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Evans coolant. (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=72791)

Mbodnar 04-22-2019 07:48 PM

Re: Evans coolant.

Im currently running it switched from water to Evans because of going to Gainsville, getting the car ready in NJ was still very cold. Temperatures got to about 180 back at the trailer, was a two-mile round trip, to the lanes, the run, back to the trailer in Gainsville. So I'm somewhat happy, what im not happy about is going to their trailer and the national event with a receipt from jegs for $355 for coolant, and they told me I'm ineligible for contingency because I didn't buy it from them at a national event....fook them for that reason.

Darrel Goheen 04-22-2019 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbodnar (Post 587340)
what im not happy about is going to their trailer and the national event with a receipt from jegs for $355 for coolant, and they told me I'm ineligible for contingency because I didn't buy it from them at a national event....fook them for that reason.

I didn't know it was required to purchase from Evans. I sure hope their product proves to be good because their contingency requirements doesn't make sense to me. The coolant is advertised heavily as being a lifetime coolant so what are you suppose to do with all of the contingency required purchased product? I guess if you had a fleet you could use it but I don't have a fleet. I heard of a wheel company that has a similar re-purchase requirement.

1320racer 04-22-2019 11:02 PM

again, their contingency decal will never be on my cars.

https://classracer.com/classforum/sh...t=evans&page=3

Herbie Null 04-23-2019 08:30 AM

Why don't you guys complain about companies that don't post contingency, If you are not happy with a sponsor that is paying for contingency then don't use their product. Why would you keep complaining, so we lose another sponsor? This site should be called ClassBasher.com (where we try to kill the sport of drag racing) Anyone on here that want's to judge Evans Coolant and not the fake news, please see me at the races and I will open up my radiator cap and you can see the results for yourself, then look at a radiator core that uses just water. Lets get more sponsors on board, not chase them away. What message are we as a racing body sending to a potential sponsor. (We want your money and we will not follow your requirements) Thanks Evans Coolant, I for one use your product and got paid, Evans was one of the first ones to pay. The Water Company has never sent me a dime and my water pump, radiator and engine block loves Evans Coolant! Bash away guys.

Herbie Null 04-23-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Im currently running it switched from water to Evans because of going to Gainsville, getting the car ready in NJ was still very cold. Temperatures got to about 180 back at the trailer, was a two-mile round trip, to the lanes, the run, back to the trailer in Gainsville. So I'm somewhat happy, what im not happy about is going to their trailer and the national event with a receipt from jegs for $355 for coolant, and they told me I'm ineligible for contingency because I didn't buy it from them at a national event....fook them for that reason.

Mike, Evans would have sold you the same product you got from Jegs at a racer discount. If you got the 4 gallons of coolant plus 4 gallons of prep from Evans the cost would have been $224.00 I always get the 6 gallon package from them at $191.00 that's $32 dollars a gallon. This is the site address to register and how to get the racer discount packages https://www.evanscoolant.com/nhra/

Keith 944 04-23-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Got to read the fine print a lot of companies are like this now be careful most of them now want you to buy at the national event

Mbodnar 04-23-2019 08:34 PM

Right but, where are the national events when its -10 and snowing lol

Lenny5160 04-24-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbodnar (Post 587411)
Right but, where are the national events when its -10 and snowing lol

Then you just need to buy it again at a national event for contingency reasons and put it on the shelf! :confused:

I can understand some of the 'proof of purchase' requirements, but it seems crazy that a company wouldn't grant contingency for a proven purchase from one of their authorized distributors.