CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Original hemi dart information (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=13002)

StrokerDave 09-20-2008 12:15 AM

Re: Original hemi dart information

If you are looking for information from ' 68 on, I would talk to Mopar "Guru" Galen Govier. I believe he even has the records from Hurst. try www.gvgovier.com

StrokerDave

68hemiss 09-20-2008 12:27 AM

Daryl and I spoke about his Dart at length today and I suggested that it may be one of two cars I have heard of or have seen photos of - unfortunately I don't know who owned/raced them - maybe someone can help? One is a black Dart that raced at Dover Dragway in NY that said "Pomona Speed Shop" on the door. I heard that the car was possibly bought from some street racers in NJ and Pomona, NY is close to Mt Kisco, NY - anyone know anything about this car? The other is a Dart that I have seen photos of at York and Pittsburg that was red & silver called the "Cookie Duster". Anyone remember this one? Possibly one of these cars might be the one Daryl has.
Thanks,
Mark Janaky
1968 Hemi S/S Registry

Liteweight 09-22-2008 11:44 PM

Jimi;
Could you ask your father how he found this Dart was for sale back in the early 80's?Did he find it in a advertisment,ie;National Dragster,or local paper????.Or was it thru word of mouth????

Thankyou Daryl

jarn05 09-23-2008 01:51 PM

HI daryl, it was a word of mouth deal, the car was in a lower parking garage under a apt. complex in mouth kisco , the owner was a burnout. the real deal here is when the car was sold to tim it did not have a tunnel over the trans it had a big removable cover so i would think that tim needs a call to explain what the deal is?

hemicop 09-13-2009 06:22 AM

Could this possibly be the "Manhattan Speed shop" Car?

bigshow2966 09-13-2009 11:43 AM

Has it possibly been re-bodied? That would explain the correct number tags and no floor replacement.

chris3racing 09-13-2009 07:09 PM

I would post what you know about the car on MOPARTS on the Unlawful board when you post ask if Reed has information on that race car. Also if you are at the East Coast Drag Times Reunion in October there will more than likely be people there that can tell you about the car.

bigshow2966 09-13-2009 07:23 PM

HemiFred and StewartP will be good sources also.

Sean Marconette 09-13-2009 08:27 PM

Pat Forsyth in Lawrence, Kansas. Automotive Machine & Performance. 785-843-9333

He is a wealth of information on owners of these cars and who they have changed ownership to.

Sean

John Kelley 09-13-2009 08:45 PM

If you can locate a November 1968 issue of CARS Magazine there is an article about a HEMI DART.
It's about Charlie Castaldo picking up his HEMI DART at Hurst's Hamtramck,Michigan facility.