CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Can-Am Stock Super Stock Series (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   It's Official!! (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=30691)

Dave Turner 01-06-2011 12:04 AM

It's Official!!

....at least according to the NHRA web site. Division 1 has a new(old) facility.

TORONTO MOTORSPORTS PARK - Cayuga, Ontario, Canada

National Open perhaps?...with a little lobbying, some luck and considerable sweat.

Dave Turner 01-06-2011 04:16 PM

Re: It's Official!!

Now confirmed by Neale and the TMP website......good stuff!

Mike Savelle 01-06-2011 05:56 PM

Hey Dave Nice Mustang , thought you might put a crate motor in it , not now eh . I'll bet the crate motor guys are pissed off now , including me . I was changing my one car but will think twice about it . Mike

Dave Turner 01-06-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Savelle (Post 231794)
Hey Dave Nice Mustang , thought you might put a crate motor in it , not now eh . I'll bet the crate motor guys are pissed off now , including me . I was changing my one car but will think twice about it . Mike

Mike, I look at it this way; no matter what affiliation our Ontario tracks adopt, I won't be chasing points. It seems to make sense from a travel perspective to have the ability to compete at the closest venues. The Crate Motor scenario limits my options. At the same time, having a '71 Mustang instead of the Maverick expands the drivetrain opportunities dramatically as it will accept any combination I could dream up....kind of exciting really!

Ven302 01-06-2011 07:03 PM

This could be really great, lets hope that we get at least a National Open!

Ah the thoughts of attendance points, oh so close to home. I can see all the records set at Cayuga, just like the good ole days!

Tim H 01-06-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Turner (Post 231806)
Mike, I look at it this way; no matter what affiliation our Ontario tracks adopt, I won't be chasing points. It seems to make sense from a travel perspective to have the ability to compete at the closest venues. The Crate Motor scenario limits my options. At the same time, having a '71 Mustang instead of the Maverick expands the drivetrain opportunities dramatically as it will accept any combination I could dream up....kind of exciting really!

How about a SB Chevy w/ a 'glide ... LOL.

Dave Turner 01-06-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim H (Post 231831)
How about a SB Chevy w/ a 'glide ... LOL.

Tim, Tim, Tim.......

Dave Turner 01-06-2011 09:41 PM

[QUOTE=Ven302;231810]This could be really great, lets hope that we get at least a National Open!

I suggested Victoria Day weekend 2012......listening Neale?

SSGN 01-06-2011 10:54 PM

I wonder if they will do some maintenance now?You know stop water from wrecking race cars and maybe smooth out the oil pan wrecking potholes.I think it needs alot more than a sanction.

Kevin

SPS 01-07-2011 02:04 PM

Thanks to Neale for his work in making this happen. And to Bob Lang from Div 1 too.

Only good things will come from this.

FJ