CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mopar bogus intake removed (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=74876)

Daran Summerton 12-04-2019 03:00 PM

Mopar bogus intake removed

Finally

Billy Nees 12-04-2019 05:47 PM

Re: Mopar bogus intake removed

Hurray!!! Hey NHRA, now how about going after some FFFord and Chevy intakes!

James L Miller 12-05-2019 09:06 PM

I have two. The new head face angle rule probably will make other parts illegal too! I guess I need to get a car built before everything is made illegal. No wonder most people think I'm nuts for wanting to run Stock or SS.

thekidd 12-06-2019 08:03 AM

james I got a super stocker ill sell you way cheaper than you can build one

jmcarter 12-06-2019 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekidd (Post 603390)
james I got a super stocker ill sell you way cheaper than you can build one

It’s a deal too...

Jeff Stout 12-06-2019 09:43 AM

What's all the fuss about? This intake was with nothing in ET. So im told. LOL

Greg Marshall 12-06-2019 03:55 PM

About time, i was in a heads up race and on a second under pass and lifted after seeing just tail lights of the 65 Valiant I looked at their car's incrementals and it was on a 1.30 under pass

NHRA Tech Department makes changes to the engine blue print specifications
Dec. 4, 2019

The NHRA Technical Department recently made changes to the blueprint specifications.

This change is in regards to the use of the Mopar Performance 2836139 (LD-4B) intake manifold for the 1965 thru 1967 Mopar Stock engines. On December 4th, 2019 the NHRA Tech Dept. deleted this part from the Blueprint specs. This was done following extensive research and review of our files from the manufacturer. This part was not an OEM part and was a dealer replacement. Per the NHRA rule book equipment other than factory installed is prohibited. On January 1st, 2020 this part will no longer be permitted.

Rod Greene 12-06-2019 07:23 PM

It is amazing the celebrating that goes on here against the Mopar contigent. What is there maybe 3 or 4 cars that had that manifold? Lots of bogus Chebies and Phords. The car I am familiar with that had the LD340 manifold went just a quick without it at INDY.

Rod Greene 12-06-2019 07:27 PM

It is amazing the celebrating that goes on here against the Mopar contigent. What is there maybe 3 or 4 cars that had that manifold? Lots of bogus Chebies and Phords. The car I am familiar with that had the LD340 manifold went just a quick without it at INDY. Just like happened with the AMC stuff how many racers are you going to lose. I remember when the phords got bigger cams and manifolds and carbs where was the protest then? 327 intakes on 283 chebies?

Rb105 12-06-2019 08:02 PM

Cry baby’s