CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Warning on contingency wraps (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=84180)

HR9121 02-10-2023 10:35 AM

Warning on contingency wraps

I just saw on the nosey network (Facebook) that Jeff Longhany was denied contingency claims after his Orlando win because his stickers on his wrap were not legal size. C'mon man!

KennyAnderson 02-10-2023 11:24 AM

Re: Warning on contingency wraps

I told him to look at this as a blessing..... he just saved a TON of time trying to collect from those deadbeat contingency sponsors! NHRA doesn't seem to care much bout. Sorry your xxxx is over three weeks old.

Jeff won a few last year and no one said boo about the stickers then..... C'mon MAN!

Larry Hill 02-10-2023 11:44 AM

That really creates a vacuum. There I said it nicely.

Almost forgot CS

TOSTO RACING 02-10-2023 11:53 AM

No decals for the win :)

Charlie Yannetti 02-10-2023 02:46 PM

This sometimes borders on ridiculous.. I had a Tech guy at an out of Divisional National Event threaten to fail me, cause I had trimmed my Lucas Oil/NHRA decals to fit on a panel (JUST THE WHITE BORDER).. had to get new ones and put them over them.. then he made me pop my chute, and repack it in front of him.. IMAGINE THAT!!!

freddie tyson 02-10-2023 03:05 PM

it has become more and more apparent that the GREAT NHRA could care less about the SPORTSMAN RACER, worst pits at National Events, lucky to get 2 time runs ,increased entry fees, dropping purses if you win a National Event etc, and now the BS about wraps for contingency payouts, when half the time you dont get paid anyway unless you furnish a receipt of purchase within a 2 year period, tearing off manufacture sticker off face shields on new helmets SAYING IT IS A BLINDER!!!Stupidity at the highest and some dimwit some called Tech man did at Orlando, but never once did they say lets check a few guys to see if they are legal. Just how much worse can this STUPIDITY get?

mrfast 02-10-2023 03:50 PM

Understand that ATI would not pay me few years ago till they seen a picture of my car with decals, stuff was got directly from them and had all the paper work. told them they need to stop dealing with people if you can't trust them, NHRA workers.

1347 02-10-2023 05:16 PM

I feel sorry for Jeff, but if you go to the contingency program rules, it states they must be the approved decal. Then, rule #1 reads
1. Decal must be exact size and design of company’s contingency decal (36-square-inch
maximum).
we as racers get mad when NHRA doesn't enforce rules, but then we get mad when they do enforce the rules. It just isnt this example, if you go thru different topics and comments, there are others that our opinions flip flop.
I was lucky to get paid for contingency when I won class last year. everyone paid reasonably quick.

Jon Sarrett 02-11-2023 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfast (Post 675791)
Understand that ATI would not pay me few years ago till they seen a picture of my car with decals, stuff was got directly from them and had all the paper work. told them they need to stop dealing with people if you can't trust them, NHRA workers.

I had the same problem. I just purchased my converter and balancer about 5 months prior, brand new from them.

BRETV 02-11-2023 10:28 AM

This rule has been around for years. I won class at Indy and the NHRA tech guy was checking off my stickers and there was one I had to trim to fit on a body panel and he said, "Can't use that one it's not the right size." It is a frustrating rule though.

Bret Velde
2003 ??/SA