CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Clutch Switch (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68936)

Rod Greene 02-07-2018 09:17 PM

Clutch Switch

What kind of setup are you stick guys using for a clutch switch to control 2 step? I never had a switch on the clutch just button on shifter. Pics would be nice.
Thanks, Rod

Don Fardie 02-07-2018 09:51 PM

Re: Clutch Switch

1 Attachment(s)
I use a Biondo switch working off the Z bar. It allows you to dial it in so it releases just where you want it to!

Tom Goldman 02-08-2018 09:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Don's setup looks pretty nice.
I may have to try that on my next clutch job !
I've used the Jerry Bickel switch in the past which is a very heavy duty switch with molded in leads and an adjustable arm .
they also have a universal mounting bracket for it.

terry1 02-08-2018 09:41 AM

What is the issue with a switch on the shifter in Stock.
I believe the SS people are allowed one on their shifter.
Terry K

Denny Steward 02-08-2018 09:59 AM

Rod, you have a PM

Ed Wright 02-08-2018 11:03 AM

Some Stockers have a switch on the brake pedal for their 2step.

Rod Greene 02-08-2018 08:51 PM

[QUOTE=Ed Wright;555487]Some Stockers have a switch on the brake pedal for their 2step.[/QUO

That would be quite feat. 3 pedals at once.

Mark Ugrich 02-08-2018 09:02 PM

When I did mine , I drilled and tapped the end of the clutch pedal shaft. Then bolted a throttle lever from an old Rochester two barrel to it . Made a 90* bracket and attached it to the pedal support and used a standard GM brake light switch.

Rod Greene 02-08-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terry1 (Post 555482)
What is the issue with a switch on the shifter in Stock.
I believe the SS people are allowed one on their shifter.
Terry K

Unless the rules have changed again. I believe the stockers have to have 2 step controlled by clutch. It is a stupid rule that just adds extra wiring and points of failure.

Thanks for the replies guys. I am exploring options on the set up. I assume that both those switches have to be adjusted every time the clutch is adjusted correct? Is one more user friendly than the other? I have figured out how to use 2 relays to lock the line lock and 2 step together just working on clutch switch configuration and location for ease of use.

Rod Greene 02-08-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Fardie (Post 555457)
I use a Biondo switch working off the Z bar. It allows you to dial it in so it releases just where you want it to!

I went on the BIONDO web site couldn't find the switch. Do you have a part number?
Thanks, Rod