CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Thoughts and Prayers for Bob Wolkwitz (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=28704)

sc1153 09-26-2010 03:54 PM

Thoughts and Prayers for Bob Wolkwitz

To fill everyone in. Last night at about 12am, in a 5k 1/8mi bracket race during the columbus Ohio Northern Sportsnationals, Bob Wolkwitz driving his beautiful Super Trader Top Dragster (6.80 car) for an unknown reason was under power througout the 1/4mi eventually contacted the guard rail rolled and destroyed the car. He did suffer extreme damage to his right arm and left index finger. He was extracted from the car and medivac flew him to Grace Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. There is going to be a long rehabilitation and recovery to overcome in the future.

Please keep him in your thoughts.

Keith 944 09-26-2010 04:53 PM

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for Bob Wolkwitz

holly crap, i hope everything ends up ok. bob, you are in my prayers, get well soon bud!

Tom Goldman 09-26-2010 05:00 PM

Hoping only for the best for Bob. ....He and his brothers are truely a great bunch of guys. .....Tom

Johnny 09-26-2010 05:22 PM

Get well soon Bob you are truly a GREAT GUY. You are in our prayers.

The Maggiulli's

David Ley 09-26-2010 08:25 PM

Get well soon Bob. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dave & Gloria Ley

LUB 173R 09-26-2010 08:32 PM

Thoughts and prayers to Bob and his family, get well soon.
The Lubniewski's

SC1448 09-26-2010 10:12 PM

Sorry to hear the news. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Bob....
-Don

pentastarrail 09-27-2010 08:22 AM

That sucks.

Bob, get better soon man, we need ya.

Frank and Laura Zeffiro

KEVIN T 09-27-2010 11:07 AM

Bob, Sorry to hear the news, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Kevin Tiedemann
S/ST 145T

GaryGoFast 09-27-2010 03:12 PM

Bob, you are in our hearts and prayers,

Marie & Gary Federico

Dottie DiBartolomeo 09-27-2010 03:16 PM

Bob,

We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Dottie & John DiBartolomeo

MOVEMAN 09-27-2010 03:44 PM

Bob,
My crew and I will be praying for your recovery and hope you are back with us very soon!
Rich,Pope,Geezer,Bubba, and Eman
S/C 13

jbfamilyracing 09-27-2010 03:44 PM

I spoke to Kurt Damron today who is at the hospital with Bob keeping him company and said he is having surgery Tuesday Sept. 28th.
We wish him the best of luck on his surgery. Our thoughts and prayers go out to him for a good recovery. I will update everyone after the surgery

Love,
The Bruzzo Family
1806 S/C

SS/1230 09-27-2010 06:13 PM

I hope that everything goes well tomorrow with the surgery. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

- James Fontana II

Bill Webb 09-27-2010 07:02 PM

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. If you are still in Columbus there are great doctors there !

Bill and Angie Webb

Katie Sepanek 09-27-2010 08:49 PM

Bob,

You're in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Get well soon!!!

The Sepaneks

RACER1530 09-27-2010 09:45 PM

Get well soon Bob. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We will miss you at Atco!!
Good luck with your surgery.

The Fordyce's

Bob Hochrun 09-28-2010 12:02 AM

Bob get well, my prayers go out to you!

Barney B 09-28-2010 05:30 AM

Get well soon Bob, out thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

BB

Tom DePascale 09-28-2010 07:35 AM

Get well Bob ! Ive been racing with Bob for about15 years we have travelled from the east coat to west coast over the years he has become one of my closest personal friends.My thoughts and prayers are with you Bob and family.Get well soon I need you to put me in the water! Special thanks to Kurt Damron for staying with Bob and Robyn yesterday and thru 2nd operation today.Will update after operation today.

SCohen 09-28-2010 08:12 AM

Get well soon, hope you have a speedy recovery and Tommy you take care of yourself.

Steve Cohen

nshivgator 09-28-2010 03:42 PM

Get well soon Bob! My thoughts and prayers are with you! Nathaniel Shivers

sc1153 09-29-2010 08:53 AM

****UPDATE****

I spoke to Bob last night and he was in good spirits. He said his neck, back, spine, and brains are all there and unharmed. He has some soreness from the belts and helmet. The damage seems to be mainly to his left index finger, which was closed up and is not an issue anymore. His right arm is the big issue at this time, His arm was broken half way between the elbow and wrist, and had to be re-attached by a titanium rod and the muscle/tendon/nerve damage is very bad. They went in yesterday to get an evaluation of what to do to try to reconstruct his forearm to give him use of that hand in the future. The good side is the main blood supply that goes to that hand was never severed, so he does have a living viable hand, however they are unsure of how useful they can make it. According to Bob they will have a better idea of what they are going to do today. He also was very upset that his car was destroyed (as can be expected) but the car can be rebuilt and he can not.

For those who are wondering how his arm was damaged. His arm restraints were on and tight, when the car hit the wall the carbon body was blown off and we believe his arm was able to come out between the frame rails in front of the seat above the shifter.

Will update when I hear more.

Greg Barsamian 09-29-2010 09:39 AM

Can someone post the hospital address to send "Get Well" cards to Bob?
Thankx

Ron Steiner 09-29-2010 12:05 PM

I will have some sort of large card for everybody to sign at the Atco race this weekend. Please see me or Tommy De if you wish to sign the card.

Tom DePascale 09-29-2010 01:52 PM

If anyone would like to send cards please send them to me & I will get them to Bob.
Bob Wolkwitz
C/O Waynes Auto Body
1938 Route 35 North
South Amboy,N,J. 08879

JR fuel 09-29-2010 05:27 PM

Our thought's and prayer's are with you Bob get well soon The Masiello family

sc1153 09-29-2010 11:18 PM

Be sure to stop by my trailer this weekend @ Atco or at Maple Grove next weekend. I will have a body pannel of Bobs and some permanent markers that we all can write him a message and sign for him to keep, and realize just how many people are thinking about him in such a hard time. Knowing Bob this will be something he will most likely hang in his garage and look and appreciate your thoughts and prayers for years to come.

jim1761 09-30-2010 01:03 PM

Get well soon Bob, Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

The Schreiners

Wolkofriend 10-01-2010 08:25 AM

For up to date information on the condition of Bob Wolkowitz and even posts from Bob and his wife, Robin....check out http://wolkoworld.blogspot.com/.

H.A.A.C. Racing 10-03-2010 12:42 PM

Get well soon Bob!!

SSTCamaro 10-03-2010 01:12 PM

Wishing you the best Bob!

Tom DePascale 10-05-2010 02:28 PM

UPDATE: I spoke to Robin (Bobs wife) this morning she told me Bobs latest surgery on Monday went as expected it lasted approx 9hrs & the next 48 hrs are critical to his recovery.I will update as soon as possible. Also anyone who wants to sign one of Bobs body panel come to Chris's trailer this weekend at MG!

dragracingdiva 10-06-2010 09:01 AM

Wanted to give everyone an update on Bob. Bob was transported to Grant Medical Center in Columbus, OH after his wreck @ National Trail Raceway during the JEGS Northern Nats.

Bob has undergone extensive surgery over the past couple weeks and Monday he had hopefully his last surgery. I went to visit Bob yesterday, he is in good spirits and is hoping to go hope in about 4-6 days. As a Board Member of DRAW, wanted to let you know we are reaching out to Bob for some financial support.

Barney B 10-06-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragracingdiva (Post 214986)
Wanted to give everyone an update on Bob. Bob was transported to Grant Medical Center in Columbus, OH after his wreck @ National Trail Raceway during the JEGS Northern Nats.

Bob has undergone extensive surgery over the past couple weeks and Monday he had hopefully his last surgery. I went to visit Bob yesterday, he is in good spirits and is hoping to go hope in about 4-6 days. As a Board Member of DRAW, wanted to let you know we are reaching out to Bob for some financial support.

Big Thanks To You Gal's!!
BB

Jeff Beckman 10-06-2010 09:56 PM

I got this email from Glen and Linda Krieder,

Sharon and I stopped by and saw Bob in ICU today. He happened to be in the
room next to Pam Champer's. We talked for quite awhile. His surgery lasted
over 8 hours, and are tentavely planning on returning home in the next
several days. They have him in ICU to monitor him closely. He can't say
enough about the care he received from the medical team at NTR as well as
everybody else that's been involved in his treatment and care.

Tom DePascale 10-13-2010 09:17 AM

:UPDATE: Bob was due to come home on Monday but he had a slight set back he had developed a hematoma in his arm which was surgery was done on Monday evening.He is being released from hospital today.Bob will be flying home courtesy of Gary Richard private plane .THANK YOU GARY RICHARD !! Also special thanks to RFC ( Steve Dunn ) for all your support , Steve sat there in emergency room after accident & has been visiting Bob during the past 3 weeks!!

Steve Dunn 10-14-2010 08:32 PM

It was great meeting Bob, Gary and all our new D-1 friends at Columbus. Having Bob and Robin in our hometown has been a blessing, inspite of the circumstances. Sharon and I are looking forward to seeing everybody again under more ideal conditions, and we wish both Bob the best along with Tommy De for full recoveries from their injuries and health issues. I've been a big fan of Division 1 since my trip to the Summernationals back in '74...yes, that's 1974! Again, best wishes to all, and have a great off-season!!!

Steve and Sharon Dunn
Racers for Christ

Rick Blake 10-14-2010 09:50 PM

Prayers sent for a full & speedy recovery.

Tom DePascale 10-29-2010 08:11 AM

Just a quick update Bob is home in Conn. resting & healing slowly . He will be in for more surgery bone graphs and tendon graphs etc. sometime in the next couple of weeks. His spirits are great and he is talking about racing sst or sg next year.If anyone would like to send a get well card please send to me & I will get them to Bob.
Bob Wolkwitz
C/O Waynes Auto Body
South Pine & 10th St
South Amboy, N.J 08879