CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Live from Charlotte- Carolina Nationals (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=71201)

HR9121 10-11-2018 08:28 AM

Live from Charlotte- Carolina Nationals

Good morning everyone, I am not there yet in fact I haven't left home yet. I had planned to leave early this morning but when I got up this morning I realized I would be driving straight into what is now a tropical storm. So the plan now is to sit here and wait to see which direction it goes. If it goes a little more nothing I may take off on a detour through South Carolina and then back north to Charlotte or possibly just wait for it to pass and drive up tonight. We'll just have to wait and see, if there's anyone there that would like to chime in on the conditions there now please jump in. I'll have more later.

4543 10-11-2018 08:57 AM

Re: Live from Charlotte- Carolina Nationals

James, They started parking Sportsman yesterday about 3:30. Moved many more over and parked on roads on far side of track. Raining and some wind(not bad). Were supposed to start parking around 8:00 this morning but got text from NHRA that said we are on an extended delay because of the weather. They will update later.

Bob Bender 10-11-2018 09:42 AM

This bad weather is to be out of here by 5pm today. Be safe Cooter

HR9121 10-11-2018 10:13 AM

Thanks guys, I'm watching it and probably won't go up till later this evening after things calm down a bit. Last thing I want is to drive straight into 50 to 60 mph wind gusts in a motorhome. Y'all keep your heads down until I get there and don't get too wild having a hurricane party!

Brett C 10-11-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 574723)
Thanks guys, I'm watching it and probably won't go up till later this evening after things calm down a bit. Last thing I want is to drive straight into 50 to 60 mph wind gusts in a motorhome. Y'all keep your heads down until I get there and don't get too wild having a hurricane party!

Hey Cooter! Man, 2 hurricanes in one year! Wow!
But if you need some help on hurricane parties, us Cajuns sure can help out with that! Safe travels to all.

Matt Welker 10-11-2018 10:48 AM

What is the new email for national event text notifications? I got the email, noted that it siad there was a new email, but deleted it and finding the actual information needed on the website or event page is a joke.

Jake Sealey 10-11-2018 11:19 AM

Anyone have an update on when they are going to start parking?

HR9121 10-11-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Welker (Post 574725)
What is the new email for national event text notifications? I got the email, noted that it siad there was a new email, but deleted it and finding the actual information needed on the website or event page is a joke.

Hey Matt it's nhratext@nhra.com then "Add your name category#" 13 for Stock.

HR9121 10-11-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett C (Post 574724)
Hey Cooter! Man, 2 hurricanes in one year! Wow!
But if you need some help on hurricane parties, us Cajuns sure can help out with that! Safe travels to all.

Brett we got it like that! We have lots of experience here, in I think 1997 we had 2 direct hits 2 weeks apart so we know a thing or two about hurricane parties.
I think we've decided to drive up late this evening after things chill out so we will miss this party!

Brett C 10-11-2018 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 574734)
Brett we got it like that! We have lots of experience here, in I think 1997 we had 2 direct hits 2 weeks apart so we know a thing or two about hurricane parties.
I think we've decided to drive up late this evening after things chill out so we will miss this party!

Safety to all...good luck!! Keep them win lights coming on!